-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Today's Codec releases are split back into 32/64 bit?
(08-20-2017, 06:18 PM)rd1979 Wrote: I upgraded the STANDARD codecs on my 64bit Surface Pro 3 two days ago and only the 32bit codecs got updated. I had to download and install the 64bit standalone to get that updated as well. I know for a fact because when I ran the 64bit settings application, it was still the previous version. It got updated when I installed the standalone.

I thought you said this WASN'T going to be the case...

I am sorry to hear of your issue.
I cannot reproduce it here at all and no one else is corroborating your experience.

Did you also get an installation message about not being able to close all open apps?
If so, that may be why it failed to install. Many things interact with codecs, such as web browsers.
(08-21-2017, 03:31 AM)Shark007 Wrote: I am sorry to hear of your issue.
I cannot reproduce it here at all and no one else is corroborating your experience.

Did you also get an installation message about not being able to close all open apps?
If so, that may be why it failed to install. Many things interact with codecs, such as web browsers.

Possibly, I will try on the next release.
OK, so I installed today's release, v5.7.0, on my desktop that hasn't been updated in over a year and the same thing happened. I had NO apps running of consequence, no errors came up. Installing the standalone 64 bit resolved the issue, but as I understand it, that shouldn't have been necessary.

Any thoughts?
Choosing to disable UAC may be the cause of your issue. Could this be your problem?
(10-06-2017, 11:38 AM)Shark007 Wrote: Choosing to disable UAC may be the cause of your issue. Could this be your problem?

I always disable UAC, have since the function first came out, so if that's what the cause is, then problem solved.
Doesn't explain why I only have this issue NOW but whichever...

But I also always run the installer as well as the settings apps by right-clicking and running as administrator first.
Does that help?
I do not (and will not) test anything with UAC disabled.
With that said, it is possible that running the installer using a rightclick and choosing, Run as administrator would solve your issue.
Yeah, well I guess I found the issue. Not using UAC...

Right clicking and using "Run As Administrator" didn't help, but at least I know why this is happening... mostly. This was never an issue before.

Either way, I'm the one not doing things as instructed, so it's fine by me if I must install the 64-bit addons myself. No Biggie.

Thanks, I hope your health is still good!
just some FYI...
Once the 32bit codecs are installed, the 64bit Installer sits on your system in the following directory...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Shark007\Standard\    just execute the file, STANDARD_x64Components.exe

This installation is identical to the standalone installer, without the 7z wrapper.
(10-09-2017, 02:34 PM)Shark007 Wrote: just some FYI...
Once the 32bit codecs are installed, the 64bit Installer sits on your system in the following directory...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Shark007\Standard\    just execute the file, STANDARD_x64Components.exe

This installation is identical to the standalone installer, without the 7z wrapper.

Thanks for the tip!