-->>Setup and usage<<--          
VOB files won't play at all in Win 7 WMP
(03-31-2014, 12:56 PM)Shark007 Wrote:
(03-31-2014, 12:53 PM)julio99 Wrote: Filter Merit : 0x00200000

this MERIT says "DO_NOT_USE" so it should not be loading.
Then I am completely out of ideas but at least I know it works. I get ambitious I will uninstall Splash Pro and see what happens with the codecs installed. Till then, I'm good! Thanx SHARK!
WMC and WMP in Windows 7 can not play individual VOB files from DVD structure:
http://shark007.net/forum/Thread-can-not...9#pid30959
AMD A6-3650 with HD6530 graphics * XP MCE 2005, Windows 7 x86 + x64 + 8.1 x64 * PowerDVD 12 + 13
I'm running Win8.1 and have the same problem as the OP:
WMP won't play VOB files unless I rename them from .vob to .mpg

Renaming filenames to .mpg seems like a clunky solution.  Is there a better way?
Have you selected the [x] SUGGESTED stings checkbox?  Doing so should enable WMP to play VOB files.
The vob file needs to be removed from the DVD folder structure.
(03-18-2015, 03:18 PM)Shark007 Wrote: The vob file needs to be removed from the DVD folder structure.

Is there a definitive explanation as to *WHY* Windows Media Player won't play .vob files unless they're moved to a new folder (or renamed to .mpg)?  Is this a DRM issue that was forced by the movie studios, or did Microsoft decide to disable it in WMP to try to force users to utilize WMC or other software? 

I tried searching via a Google but couldn't find a satisfying answer.
(03-24-2015, 06:51 AM)fred_perkins Wrote:
(03-18-2015, 03:18 PM)Shark007 Wrote: The vob file needs to be removed from the DVD folder structure.

Is there a definitive explanation as to *WHY* Windows Media Player won't play .vob files unless they're moved to a new folder (or renamed to .mpg)?  Is this a DRM issue that was forced by the movie studios, or did Microsoft decide to disable it in WMP to try to force users to utilize WMC or other software? 

I tried searching via a Google but couldn't find a satisfying answer.

None that I am aware of. But none the less, it is fact.
Sorry to bother you man but I have a question about VOB file.  It seems that you know well about a such kind of problem. Recenly, i used this software (a video converter) to convert my DVD files to iPhone. The output image was okay but the sound was out of sync. Somebody told me it was casued by the software itself. However, I have used it several times before and they all worked well.
MKV has been widely supported for quite some time now and I would think your iStuff supports it too.
Go to my Tools page and grab Metafox.
Use that to create an MKV from the Vob files.