-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Vista Codec Package 6.6.5 Settings with subtitles
Shark007 Vista Codec Pack (VCP 6.6.x ) for Vista SP2 and XP MCE 2005 SP3 32 bit
PS: Newer VCP versions from 6.6.5 I test no longer in XP and hereby give the XP support on, because
there runs anyway no more in XP!
Sad

1. VCP 6.6.0 Settings with FFDShow DXVA decoder for H.264/AVC and LAV decoder for H.265/HEVC
- VCP 6.6.0 download from archive.

With the VCP 6.6.0 settings, in contrast to VCP 6.6.5, the DirectVobSub subtitle with LAV Splitter be
represented and used the FFDShow DXVA decoder (with very low CPU load for weak systems with less
than 2 x 2000 MHz CPU highly recommended). Although the LAV video decoder under "H264" can not be
enabled/allowed it is available with my settings, so the H.265/HEVC , VP9 ( WEBM ) and WTV HD video can be played.
With Vista SP2 and TV Pack 2008 is possibly the following change under "Settings ->Help ->List-Enable/Disable Codecs"
required for all WTV/WTV-HD recordings can be played back by Windows 7/8 in the VMC :

Under " H264 -> Use LAV Video Codec -> Configure -> Video settings -> Hardware Acceleration -> hardware decoder to use",
is "DXVA2 (copy back)" and to recommend only when it so that should be a problem with the hardware video acceleration,
you could try the other settings, only DXVA2 (native) and then CUVID (NVIDIA) or QuickSync (INTEL ).
Here the largely preset settings of the LAV components:

PS: For XP or after "Reset All" the tray icon in the LAV components may be activated manually.

Possible problems
Xvid videos can not be played:

With the packaged in the ZIP file Xvid.reg this problem can be fixed in Vista and XP:

.zip   XVID_REG_HDF_XP.zip (Size: 1.02 KB / Downloads: 611)
So just copy the *.zip , unpack it and then start the *.reg by double click.
As with any registry change I recommend in this case before a backup (eg system restore point).
45 days warning:
Since the Shark007 Vista codecs updated only sporadically, there could be a message stating that the version
used is older than 45 days, this warning can be ignored but even then, when a new version is available, it is
because the installed version does not run satisfactorily or I tested here a new version as recommended!

2. VCP 6.6.5 Settings with LAV Video Decoder for H.264/AVC and H.265/HEVC without subtitles

Tips: If VCP 6.6.5 LAV Video Decoder is preset under "H264" and it can then only after a new installation or
"Reset All" can be used. Meanwhile, if other H.264 decoders are activated and then the LAV decoder again
is to be used , which leads to error messages or crashes VCP, but maybe Shark007 can even leave?
Otherwise, the version 6.6.5 running with LAV decoder settings good and it can (almost) all video formats including
H.265, WTV-HD and VP9 be played. Unfortunately, the CPU load with LAV Video Decoder is significantly higher than
with the FFDShow DXVA Decoder, which unfortunately is no longer running in VCP 6.6.5 with M2TS and TS video
with H.264/AVC and there are problems with the LAV video decoder in conjunction with LAV Splitter and DirectVobSub
subtitles (newer LAV filters in VCP >6.6.1).

Icaros thumbnailing has no problems in XP and Vista Explorer and in MCE and VMC.
Thumbnails of my test videos in XP-Explorer:

AMD A6-3650 with HD6530 graphics * XP MCE 2005, Windows 7 x86 + x64 + 8.1 x64 * PowerDVD 12 + 13
In the \Tools folder is another version of the DirectVobSub filter (vsfilter.dll from MPC-BE Team)
which could be used to replace the existing filter (vsfilter.dll from xy-vsfilter) in the 32bit Windows system directory.

To do this, 1st set No Subtitles on the Config TAB
then move vsfilter.dll from the 32bit system folder to the desktop (to preserve it)
next, place the file from the tools\ dir into the 32bit system folder.
Lastly, go back to the Config TAB and re-enable DirectVobSub

These same instructions apply to 64bit but using the 64bit installation and windows system folders
I have now tested in Vista Ultimate 32 bit (WMP 11) at least five different vsfilter.dll
(older and newer) and DirectVobSub starts at 10 different videos with subtitles (MKV
and MP4) only with Haali splitter and never with LAV splitter.
AMD A6-3650 with HD6530 graphics * XP MCE 2005, Windows 7 x86 + x64 + 8.1 x64 * PowerDVD 12 + 13
v651 will be released with Haali set as the default splitter
In XP, Windows 7 and 8, it works very well with LAV Splitter, why not in Vista?
I do not know...
but Haali is also a new version from March 4, 2013 so setting it as default isnt all that bad.
VCP 6.5.1 works in Vista with Haali splitter quite well, in XP with Haali and LAV splitter.
In Vista with VCP 6.5.1 unfortunately I can not play BD-structures in WMP 11, which has been operating in VCP 6.5.0 yet:

And with VCP 6.4.6 still ran everything in Vista, even with LAV Splitter and DirectVobSub:

(04-05-2013, 06:25 AM)HD-False Wrote: In Vista with VCP 6.5.1 unfortunately I can not play BD-structures in WMP 11

please try the attached regfile to set LAV for m2ts files. This should fix BD structured playback.
[Reset All] will set it back to Haali
Unfortunately that does not help! Sad

Even without M2TS under "Extensions" VCP 6.5.0 can play a BD-structure:

But when "MPEG~TV -> Overall MPEG Playback 1/2 PS/TS -> Use Gabest's Blu-ray splitter"
is activated only once, then a BD-structure will not work no more, also "Reset All" don't help?
Edit:
With "Help -> Uninstall -> No -> Rest All" I can also play with VCP 6.5.1 a BD-structure?

(04-05-2013, 11:30 AM)HD-False Wrote: Edit:
With "Help -> Uninstall -> No -> Rest All" I can also play with VCP 6.5.1 a BD-structure?

Thank you for your testing!
I have been able to reproduce the issue = I can fix it.

wait for new version.