-->>Setup and usage<<--          
WMP and FFDshow
USE WMP and FFDshow Tutorial
Seriously Folks! Windows media player set as default player for all file types especially MP4, AVI, MKV, MP3, AAC and Ac3 using the suggested setting on shark007 and setting windows defaults located in control panel for windows media player to play audio, video and photo files by default is the best set up you can have that is completely trouble free and you can create easy play lists in windows media player. WIN WIN ALL THE WAY!

But also, The LAV Splitter that is default from shark does not include important functions that FFDSHOW does. Such as switching a 4:3 Standard format video to 16:9 WS format while playing and if you have more than 2 speakers, Such as I do, 5.1 Surround on my system, you may not get sound out of the others at all using LAV. You also have no equilizer settings and noise loudness control setting using LAV. Personally LAV is far from as good as FFDshow.

So Here is something to try out. I am sure you will love this easy trouble free setup. Been using it for many years on many computers and never an issue and you get all possible uses for audio, video and subs.
Always Install the ADVANCED CODEC PACK. Regardless if you have a 64 bit operating system or 32 bit operating system. I always use the Shark007 32bit App and the WMP 32bit player. *NO NEED TO USE THE 64bit SHARK SETTINGS*

1. Uninstall any codec packs you have installed, including current Shark007 codec pack.

2. Install the newest SHARK007 ADVANCED CODEC PACK.

3. On 64 bit settings app, make sure under "CONFIG TAB" that it shows "SET 32 BIT PLAYER (DEFAULT) on top left side. Close out the 64bit settings app.

4. Now on the 32 bit settings app, on the bottom, click on "Reset All" and then check the box "SHARK007 SUGGESTED settings" NOTE: other than initial setup after fresh install, any other time you want to make changes in settings apps, You have to open it up using "ADMIN PRIVLEDGES" to be able to make any changes.

5. Now Follow this: Shark Settings to enable FFDshow Video and Audio:
In the SWAP Tab: You MUST select in left column:
 Select>> FFDshow codec for - XVID/DIVX/MP4V
 Select>> FFDshow codec for - AAC audio in Direct Show Players.
 Select>> FFDshow codec for - MPEG2 codec in Direct Show Players ********
In the SWAP Tab: You MUST also on right side column:
 Select>> The 1st & 2nd box, Use FFDshow for MP2/3 instead of Microsoft & Stand Alone MP3 splitter.
 Select>> Disable Microsofts Video Decoder ********
MKV Tab:
 PC Playback
  Select>> Enable Haali Files
MPG~MP4 Tab:
 MPEG2 specific Playback (DVD) ********
   Select>> Set MPEG2 to use FFDshow
H264/5 Tab:
 "ONLY SELECTION ON RIGHT" Use Microsoft H264 ********
NOTE: or you can USE FFDshows H264
-----
*******To play DVD's" switch these settings below or use Windows Media Center or another Video Player.
SWAP Tab: You MUST select in left column:
 MPEG2 codec in Direct Show Players ********
   Select>> Use Microsoft codec (default)
SWAP Tab: You MUST also on right side column:
  Select>> Enable Microsofts Video Decoder ********
MPG~MP4 Tab:
 MPEG2 specific Playback (DVD) ********
  Select>> Set MPEG2 (system default)
H264/5 Tab:
 "ONLY SELECTION ON RIGHT" Use Microsoft H264 ********
If you have USE FFDshows H264 selected.
Note: It may be possible to play DVD's in newer version of Shark007 without changing settings. I have not played them for a long time, only on older versions of shark007 and switching settings above.
--------
--------
6. Now in the "CONFIG TAB" on top in the middle, the menu is on "Configuration Items". Click on that and select "FFDshow Video"
When the FFDshow video configuration settings app opens up, on the left side, select "RESIZE & ASPECT" and check the box next to it. Then select "SPECIFY ASPECT RATIO" and then under ASPECT select 16:9 setting. Now below that on bottom select "MANUAL" and then on the menu arrow next to it select "1.78 (16:9):1. Click Apply settings and close out.
NOTE: By checking or unchecking the box next to "RESIZE & ASPECT" will allow you during playback to enable normal 4:3 format videos to play in that format (UNCHECKED), or change them into 16:9 wide screen during playback (CHECKED).
When a video is playing, the Windows tray on the right side of your taskbar will have the RED FFDshow Icon displayed. You can switch off and on this feature by right clicking on the icon and checking or unchecking the box next to RESIZE & ASPECT. Or double click on this icon to open up the FFDshow video configuration settings app.

7. Now in the "CONFIG TAB" on top in the middle, Click on that again and select "FFDshow Audio"
When the FFDshow audio configuration settings app opens up, on the left side, select "VOLUME" and check the box next to it. Then check the "NORMALIZE" box toward the bottom.
Now on the left side select "EQUALIZER" and check the box next to it. Then you can adjust the bandwidths to your liking.
Then select "MIXER" and check the box next to it. You can set up your speaker configuration, usually done by default by shark, but make sure it shows your proper speaker output configuration such as for example; 3/0/2 and LFE box checked if you have 5 speakers and a subwoofer (LFE) connected to your computer as I do. Click Apply settings and close out.
NOTE: By checking or unchecking the box next to VOLUME, EQUALIZER or MIXER will allow you during playback of audio or video files to enable or disable these setting you made.
When audio or video files are playing, the Windows tray on the right side of your taskbar will have the BLUE FFDshow Icon displayed. You can switch off and on these feature by right clicking on the icon and checking or unchecking the box next to the features. Or double click on this icon to open up the FFDshow audio configuration settings app.

8. Now go to Control Panel in Windows and select "Default Programs"
Then select WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER for default "MUSIC PLAYER and VIDEO PLAYER"
Note: Select PHOTOS to view in WMP

Seems like a lot to do on initial setup, but it is not. Pretty simple and I have giving you specific details. I have did this for 10 years on XP sp2, VISTA Home Premium, 7 PRO and 10 Pro on both 32 and 64 bit Systems and have had flawless easy viewing of Video and Music files. Not to mention that creating playlists in WMP is so easy and for one easy access to all your media files including photo images.

If you need any help send me a Personal Message on here and I will try and address any needs or questions you may have. ENJOY!