-->>Setup and usage<<--          
WebM Files?
Was wondering if someone can help me answer a question. I updated my Shark to the new update, and clicked the box at the bottom for suggested set up, and for some reason, all my media file types now show that they are WebM files. Even though when you right click on them it says they are still MP4 or MKV. Is there a reason why?
When trying to troubleshoot issues, 
my 1st suggestion would be to use the [UNINSTALL] button on the Help TAB of both the 32bit and 64bit apps.
If you have installed something concerning webm files, uninstall that too and do not re-install it.
Reboot your PC and do a clean install of the codecs.
that didnt help. I just updated to the newest version of Shark, and i installed both the 32 and 64 versions, and had the same thing happen. i uninstalled the 64, and everything but AVI is now back to normal, but AVI still says WebM. What is going on with the installer that changes everything?
(01-10-2017, 07:07 PM)indianaburn Wrote: that didnt help. I just updated to the newest version of Shark, and i installed both the 32 and 64 versions, and had the same thing happen. i uninstalled the 64, and everything but AVI is now back to normal, but AVI still says WebM. What is going on with the installer that changes everything?

I have no idea why your files are being identified as WebM.
If you have disabled UAC, this would be a reason for weird stuff to happen.
(01-11-2017, 07:51 AM)Shark007 Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 07:07 PM)indianaburn Wrote: that didnt help. I just updated to the newest version of Shark, and i installed both the 32 and 64 versions, and had the same thing happen. i uninstalled the 64, and everything but AVI is now back to normal, but AVI still says WebM. What is going on with the installer that changes everything?

I have no idea why your files are being identified as WebM.
If you have disabled UAC, this would be a reason for weird stuff to happen.

Ive never had UAC active on my laptop before, and never had an issue with things. Just weird
Every time I get reports of weird happenings, disabling UAC is the cause.