-->>Setup and usage<<--          
Windows 10 missing audio format, subtitles properties in preview pane
One possible solution could be this:

1. Deactivate Icaros properties

2. Open regedit (as administrator) (open regedit by pressing Win+R on your keyboard, then write "regedit" in the run window and hit Enter)

3. Browse to the following key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PropertySystem\PropertySchema\

4. Remove any keys (0001, 0002) where Icaros' name shows up in the values on the right side.

5. Activate Icaros properties
Hi, thanks for looking into this. For me the problem persists.
The only key with icaros in it (once properties are deactivated) can be found at:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PropertySystem\PropertySchema.Migrated\
Deleting it hasn't solved the issue.
The only other property keys I could find were involved in Office15. Should I try and remove those too?
There is a subkey with Icaros in it but it disappears when I deactivate the Icaros property handler.

However, I found an entry for .mkv under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PropertySystem\SystemPropertyHandlers, which seem to point to a Microsoft property handler.  That entry don't exist in my clean install of Windows 10.  I deleted the .mkv entry, reactivated Icaros, and the audio and subtitles preview is back!

How about supporting .m2ts?
Thumbs Up 
(09-07-2015, 11:02 AM)SloPoke Wrote: There is a subkey with Icaros in it but it disappears when I deactivate the Icaros property handler.

However, I found an entry for .mkv under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PropertySystem\SystemPropertyHandlers, which seem to point to a Microsoft property handler.  That entry don't exist in my clean install of Windows 10.  I deleted the .mkv entry, reactivated Icaros, and the audio and subtitles preview is back!

You gave me the right hint.

I additionally deleted the x64 keys  at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PropertySystem\PropertyHandlers
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PropertySystem\SystemPropertyHandlers

And it finally works again. But only for the explorer window.

Any idea what registry keys I need to remove so the explorer Property Details windows starts working again?
(09-18-2015, 02:42 AM)rix Wrote:
(09-07-2015, 11:02 AM)SloPoke Wrote: There is a subkey with Icaros in it but it disappears when I deactivate the Icaros property handler.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PropertySystem\PropertyHandlers
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PropertySystem\SystemPropertyHandlers

Any idea what registry keys I need to remove so the explorer Property Details windows starts working again?

Thanks for the hints. I've been struggling with this problem for a while. Even now I couldn't delete some keys and I had to use "RegOwnershipEx" to be able to delete them. Now I can see the properties in the explorer window, but not in the Details pane yet. Have you found any solution for that?
(10-04-2015, 03:36 AM)tgeik Wrote:
(09-18-2015, 02:42 AM)rix Wrote:

Thanks for the hints. I've been struggling with this problem for a while. Even now I couldn't delete some keys and I had to use "RegOwnershipEx" to be able to delete them. Now I can see the properties in the explorer window, but not in the Details pane yet. Have you found any solution for that?

Glad it helped, but unfortunately no idea about explorer Properties
Sorry I haven't had much time to look into this problem yet, but I'll take a look at it soon.

The SystemPropertyHandlers key values should already be handled by Icaros during Activation,
so I'm not sure why it doesn't remove these  values on your machines.

I'll see what I can find out about this and the problem with the 'Details Pane'.
(10-06-2015, 12:11 PM)Xanashi Wrote: Sorry I haven't had much time to look into this problem yet, but I'll take a look at it soon.

The SystemPropertyHandlers key values should already be handled by Icaros during Activation,
so I'm not sure why it doesn't remove these  values on your machines.

I'll see what I can find out about this and the problem with the 'Details Pane'.

any updates yet?

The latest windows upgrade has overwritten icaros keys. The tags are gone again.
I noticed that too.  Had to dig up this thread again to find out what I did to fix it.

Update: the registry value now has a security setting that prevents even an Administrator from deleting or changing it.
I implemented a fix for this issue in RC 2. See HERE.

Quote from the thread:

Quote:One of them is solving the problem some users were having, where the custom properties
no longer worked after upgrading to Windows 10. 

Users with this problem should update to RC 2 and deactivate then re-activate 'Properties' in IcarosConfig.
If that doesn't work, please use the 'Reset Native Property Filetypes' button on the 
Tools page before re-activating Properties.

I recommend updating to RC 3, if you haven't already, and then try the above.
If that still doesn't work for you, let me know.