-->>Setup and usage<<--          
codec for Beyond TV (DVR software)
Just put BeyondTV on my new Win 10 machine.  Weird codec problem.  For LIVE TV viewing, the video is distorted and fuzzy.  But it makes perfect mpg recordings--so playing back is fine.  It has 3 "decoder" options in its setup: "Snapstream Video SP decoder" (has the distorted fuzzy display), "Snapstream Basic decoder" (display is blank screen), "Microsoft Mpeg-2 decoder" (also a blank screen).  I know that BeyondTV is old, and my win 10 is new---but maybe installing a codec pack would clear this up?

Thanks if anyone has ideas.
There is a project to revive Windows Media Center on the My Digital Life forums.
Try installing ver 8.8.1 from that link and then choosing to use the Microsoft decoder in BeyondTV may work.
(08-30-2017, 04:34 PM)Shark007 Wrote: There is a project to revive Windows Media Center on the My Digital Life forums.
Try installing ver 8.8.1 from that link and then choosing to use the Microsoft decoder in BeyondTV may work.

Thanks for the fast reply!  I would have loved to have WMC on my win 10 machine---biggest disappointment of win 10.

So, you're saying that the codec packs you offer aren't what I need? 

I'll try your suggestion and I'll let you know if this helps.
Thanks again.
LiveTV has always worked best when using the Microsoft decoder so I thought you should try that 1st.
Installing the hacked WMC enables the Microsoft decoder to be used for LiveTV in Windows 10.

If that fails you, then you can try using my codecs to resolve your current issue.
(08-31-2017, 05:08 AM)Shark007 Wrote: LiveTV has always worked best when using the Microsoft decoder so I thought you should try that 1st.
Installing the hacked WMC enables the Microsoft decoder to be used for LiveTV in Windows 10.

If that fails you, then you can try using my codecs to resolve your current issue.

Again, thanks.