-->>Setup and usage<<--          
disabling/removing icaros results in broken icons
I like Icaros and don't plan to remove it, but I was experimenting with some settings and I noticed that when I disable or uninstall icaros, I no longer get proper thumbnailing on common file extensions on my system.

Here is how I can reproduce it. Open Icaros, deactivate thumbnailing, close it, uninstall it, clear icon/thumbnail cache, reboot, and now... broken icons/thumbnails?

I also tried using Icaros's feature to "reset thumbnail types" and "reset property filetypes" this had no impact on the behavior

So right now i'm stuck in a situation where I can not get most thumbnails to work properly unless I have icaros installed and enabled... lol. I guess that's okay but it's not ideal.
I also tried running sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to see if it's a windows problem, but both found nothing to fix.

It's not just picture thumbnails either... some application icons aren't loading, mostly ones from the Windows Store, other application icons seem unaffected.

Any tips?

Setup:
Windows 10 x64 with Anniversary Update and all windows updates installed
Icaros 3.0.1 Beta 3
Hi Zulithe,

This is definitely not the intended behavior, everything should go back to normal after disabling and/or uninstalling Icaros.
Let me give your instructions a try on Windows 10 and see if I can confirm the problem. 

If you have anything else installed that changes something in Explorer that would of course be good to know too,
as there may be a conflict between our softwares. ;)

I'll let you know the results of my testing.