-->>Setup and usage<<--          
embedded videos won't play on internet explorer
I had problems a while ago with mp4 videos not playing in internet explorer, and you helped me correct that, but now I have a few embedded ones that won't play only on my Windows 7 laptop. I updated and re-installed the 32 and 64 bit codec packs and haven't gotten anything to work. As a side note, I pulled the video up on my PS4 and it played fine. Not sure what format the video is in. When I try to view the properties of the video, it tells me nothing.
while selecting to use the [x] SUGGESTED settings you need to answer Yes to the question posed.
(12-24-2017, 03:48 PM)Shark007 Wrote: while selecting to use the [x] SUGGESTED settings you need to answer Yes to the question posed.

I've done that to the 32 bit and 64 bit settings and didn't see a change.
Do you have UAC disabled?  (you shoud not disable UAC)
(12-24-2017, 04:13 PM)Shark007 Wrote: Do you have UAC disabled?  (you shoud not disable UAC)

No, UAC is still set by the factory default.
Its very possible that Internet Explorer itself is the problem.
I suggest giving Google Chrome a try.

When Microsoft abandoned IE a few years ago, I switched to Chrome for similar reasons and never looked back.
(12-24-2017, 04:57 PM)Shark007 Wrote: Its very possible that Internet Explorer itself is the problem.
I suggest giving Google Chrome a try.

When Microsoft abandoned IE a few years ago, I switched to Chrome for similar reasons and never looked back.

I downloaded Chrome and the video played. I don't like the layout of Chrome, but I suppose I will get used to it. Thanks for your help.