-->>Setup and usage<<--          
lost surround sound going to win 10
Hello. You have been a great help in the years past getting my audio going. It's like dejavu now that I did the win10 update. The windows test shows all speakers working and when encoded with 5.1 mkv the surround sound works, but a AAC is not coming out the surround speakers. I followed the tips, like disabling MP4 Media foundation and then tried disabling the whole microsoft audio decoder. Trying it each time. I also changed to the audio input to try the HDMI setting as well as the analog settings. When on the HDMI input choice, I did choose 2 channel in the windows setup for my AVR

Can you please assist again in getting my surround sound to work? It was going fine before the win10 change

Setup:
win10 into Nvidia Geforce video card, HDMI to AVR to monitor and/or projector
AVR is onkyo9 tx-sr674
tried playing through vlc and wmc (installed separately) and intend to use Emby through WMC.

Thank you much.
(07-23-2016, 02:15 PM)danbruski Wrote: I'm running the Standard shark007 pack, and running as admin.

Thank you much.
(07-23-2016, 02:15 PM)danbruski Wrote: I followed the tips, like disabling MP4 Media foundation and then tried disabling the whole microsoft audio decoder.

Use the correct settings application to match the architecture of your chosen player (32bit vs 64bit).

Press Reset All
Apply the above quoted settings. (both are required in your case)
Do nothing else, test.
(07-23-2016, 02:45 PM)Shark007 Wrote:
(07-23-2016, 02:15 PM)danbruski Wrote: I followed the tips, like disabling MP4 Media foundation and then tried disabling the whole microsoft audio decoder.

Use the correct settings application to match the architecture of your chosen player (32bit vs 64bit).

Press Reset All
Apply the above quoted settings. (both are required in your case)
Do nothing else, test.

Amazing. It worked as you said. Surprise Surprise. The only difference I can tell is this time I didn't click "use shark suggested settings" after the restart and disabling the aforementioned MS selection boxes. 
Very cool again. Thanks.
The SUGGESTED settings will still be needed.
Applying them will not change anything we have discussed here.
(07-23-2016, 06:56 PM)AShark007 Wrote: The SUGGESTED settings will still be needed.
Applying them will not change anything we have discussed here.

Thank you again. 
So now I applied the SUGGESTED settings. From what I've played, I'm getting good audio, but the video is "glitchy" I only see it in full screen apps like WMC or Emby. Horizontal bars flash up and the playing video seems a bit jerky. 

Maybe it's WMC? Or something with the new win10 install.

Ideas of what to check next?
On the H264/5 TAB, click the [config] button next to the LAV setting 
next to 1st, it is set to [none], change that to DXVA2 (native), and Apply

test again
(07-25-2016, 04:16 AM)Shark007 Wrote: On the H264/5 TAB, click the [config] button next to the LAV setting 
next to 1st, it is set to [none], change that to DXVA2 (native), and Apply

test again
Once again, thank you.
I made the H264/5 Tab change, applied, but no change in the video issue. 
I shot a very short video of my projected wall showing what I mean by "glitch"
https://youtu.be/zHLVPoyI56o 
Current status and recap:
  1. Reset All
  2. Disable the Microsoft Video and/or Audio decoder(s)
  3. Disable Media Foundation for MP4 on the SWAP TAB
  4. SUGGESTED SETTINGs applied
  5. Video is glitchy/stuttering and showing horizontal bands jumping into view seemingly randomly. Contacted Shark007
  6. Followed instructions to change 1st setting from [none] to [DXVA2 (native)] on the H264/5 Tab in the config for LAV (*)
  7. No change to the glitch. Video can be found here https://youtu.be/zHLVPoyI56o 
Steps 1-3 fixed the initial issue of no surround sound. My AVR now indicates it's receiving/processing digital signals and I can hear the surround channels as desired.

The glitch can be seen when playing a video or simply when looking at EMBY or WMC menu pages. The youtube video i put up was shooting at my projected wall.

There were no graphic issues like this on Win7 and no hardware changes were made. I did update the GeForce Nvidia driver post Win10 last night, restarted the pc, and did the DXVA2 test this morning. I have not removed SHARK007 pack to test for the glitch. I have not tried any other changes or settings from stock other than was was listed above.

Any more ideas to try?
(07-25-2016, 07:24 AM)danbruski Wrote: The glitch can be seen when playing a video or simply when looking at EMBY or WMC menu pages.

The quoted statement suggests a driver problem.
If you didn't get the driver direct from Nvidia.com, I would suggest doing that 1st.
(07-25-2016, 08:47 AM)Shark007 Wrote:
(07-25-2016, 07:24 AM)danbruski Wrote: The glitch can be seen when playing a video or simply when looking at EMBY or WMC menu pages.

The quoted statement suggests a driver problem.
If you didn't get the driver direct from Nvidia.com, I would suggest doing that 1st.

I removed as much of the graphs programs and drivers as I could and installed the latest from the supplier - which was a rev higher (way into the sub decimal points though) that what Windows found during it's update. This did not fix the issue. 
I uninstalled the WMC and reinstalled from a different build and was sure to use the 64bit version of WCM. Still jerky and glitchy. 
I decided to pull the plug on WMC and give Emby via WebBrowser and KODI a shot. Those seem to be working OK.

So for now, i'll consider this issue closed - audio is working well, video seems good using other play methods... 

I do wonder now about codecs. I have the Shark007 Standard pack installed, but i also agreed to the standard install of Kodi, which I learned later probably loaded it's own set of codeci ... what now? If it works, leave it alone? Remove something? Reinstall Shark? Uninstall Shark007?