-->>Setup and usage<<--          
make win10 Movie & TV app support DTS and FLV
is there any way to let Movie & TV app (win10) support them, or just let the app uses win7codecs?
That app does not use DirectShow codecs, which is what I distribute.
For such support, you would need to switch to using Windows Media Player.
(06-22-2016, 03:01 AM)Shark007 Wrote: That app does not use DirectShow codecs, which is what I distribute.
For such support, you would need to switch to using Windows Media Player.

Is there any way for us to develop encoder to support DTS in the app?Is the app support a third-party decoder? and how your software disable the App's decoder?
Is Movie & App support a third-party decoder, because it just supports few formats.
And also if the Win10Codecs can disable the Movie & App's decoder, it means it's decoder is outside the app, so is it possible to develop an decoder for it ?
your posts are considered 'off-topic'
PLEASE keep them in this thread only.

Disabling a Windows feature (Media Foundation) is as easy as adding .bak to the filename allowing the feature.
Creating a Media Foundation decoder from scratch is not in my realm of expertise.
hey shark007,

that means we have to wait until the app developers add that support for the codec?
also that means, all the fixes like [url removed] using codecs from nov '15
won't work right?

i just found out that the app is now realizing unsupported codecs and you can download for example an mpeg2 addon which works great (finally you will be able to play ripped dvd files).
still for blurays the dts-issue remains and it seems we have to wait until microsoft will licence the dts sound for there whole system...
best
telemarker
The codecs you were linking too have been in active development with near daily commits to the source code for many years now.
Using my codec installers would give you access to the very latest available of those old ones you had linked to.