-->>Setup and usage<<--          
mkv in Kodi - passtrough only DTS and DD, but no E-AC3
Hello togehther,

i#m using kodi 17 krypton with windows 10 and shark codec advanced (suggested settings + passthrough SPDIF).
I use the spdif output to my av receiver.

AV-Receiver über SPDIF.

In Kodi I also activated passtrough.

When i'm playing a mkv in Kodi, DTS and DD on my Yamaha AVR is shown. But E-AC3 (DD Plus) runs always in PCM Stereo.
In Shark Settings I activeted E-AC3. But I have the feeling, that the settings in shark are ignored and only the kodi settings are important. That i don't understand.
In Sound settings i deactivated the option "programs in exclusive mode have the priority".

Can anybody help me why I have no E-AC3?

MfG
Marcel
(04-09-2017, 11:28 PM)Moccafix Wrote: Hello togehther,

i#m using kodi 17 krypton with windows 10 and shark codec advanced (suggested settings + passthrough SPDIF).
I use the spdif output to my av receiver.

AV-Receiver über SPDIF.

In Kodi I also activated passtrough.

When i'm playing a mkv in Kodi, DTS and DD on my Yamaha AVR is shown. But E-AC3 (DD Plus) runs always in PCM Stereo.
In Shark Settings I activeted E-AC3. But I have the feeling, that the settings in shark are ignored and only the kodi settings are important. That i don't understand.
In Sound settings i deactivated the option "programs in exclusive mode have the priority".

Can anybody help me why I have no E-AC3?

MfG
Marcel
is it right, that Kodi is the sound-setting-master when I activate "programs in exclusive mode have the priority" and shark is the sound-setting-master when i deactivate "programs in exclusive mode have the priority" ?
SPDIF cannot handle the DD+ bitrate so it is decoded on the PC and sent as PCM.
Thank you for the quick response. I will try sound over HDMI and give you feedback...

MfG
MNew interesting Effekt. I Changed to HDMI Sound. Sound Settings are Stereo 2.0 (i read that this is necassary for passthrough) in Sharks i have bitstream for HDMI (all fotmats). 

I also activated "no Media foundation for mkv" in Shark.

VLC: no dts, no dd, no dd+

Windows Media Player: everything is Fine, dd+ is goingSmile

Kodi: only dd and dts, but no dd+ (only 2.0 Pcm) -.-

What is going on?? In Kodi 17 i activated also passthrough. 
Live tv also runs in pcm 2.0, no dd.

I have the feeling that in Kodi 17 the Sharks Settings are ignored. In Windows i deactivated "programs in exklusive mode have Priority". No change Sad

Can anybody help?

Thank you!
I am not a Kodi user.
I searched the internet and found this...
[attachment=2833]