-->>Setup and usage<<--          
*.mp4/*.mov playback OR *.mkv external subtitles?
With default settings, *.mp4/*.mov files opens ok in WMP, but external subtitles (*.srt) does not show up when playing *.mkv files (DirectVobSub green arrow does not appear on taskbar).

Following advices from here, I pressed the „Reset All” button in „64bit Settings Application”. Then, when playing *.mkv files with external subtitles, DirectVobSub loads and subtitles are displayed ok. But unfortunately, *.mp4/*.mov files won't open at all in WMP („Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file”).

Then, if I press the „Reset All” button in „32bit Settings Application”, *.mp4/*.mov files opens ok in WMP, but no external subtitles (*.srt) when playing *.mkv files.

So:
- if I want to playback *.mp4/*.mov files, I have to press the „Reset All” button in „32bit Settings Application”
- if I want to playback *.mkv files with external subtitles (*.srt), I have to press the „Reset All” button in „64bit Settings Application”

I compared the settings after pressing the buttons, but found no differences (nor in „32bit Settings Application”, nor in „64bit Settings Application”).

There is no couple of settings that I could make, in order to have both *.mp4/*.mov files opens and playing ok in WMP, AND external subtitles (*.srt) showing up when playing *.mkv files?

I tried to check „Shark007 SUGGESTED settings” box in „64bit Settings Application”, but after that, I can't open *.mp4/*.mov at all with double-click (error: „Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item”) and I have to uninstall and install again Vista Codec Package (pressing „Reset All” button does not solve the problem). Even after uninstalling/reinstalling Vista Codec Package, when I right-click a file, then Open With -> Windows Media Player, I get this error (attached). Double-click works fine.

Operating system: Windows Vista Home Premium (x64)
Vista Codec Package - version 6.7.8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Windows Media Player 11 (32-bit)
I can verify your issues.
To fix them, I will make a new release a.s.a.p.
Ok, thanks.
your issues have been addressed in version 681
I tested just now. Problem solved.
Nice work, thank you!
(10-27-2014, 09:21 AM)misterr Wrote: I tested just now. Problem solved.
Nice work, thank you!
you're welcomed. thanks for reporting, and testing! it's appreciated.