-->>Setup and usage<<--          
thumbnailing of cbr-files with icaros vs cbxshell
Hello Xanashi,

first of all, many thanx für your great work! formerly I've used cbxshell to get rid of creating thumbnails on cbr/cbz - even on rar and zip files. But quite annoying has been, that everytyme you reenter a directory, the thumnailing-process has to start over. Icaros is a great solution for getting rid of useless recreation processes  Smile

Actually I'm using both tools, yours and cbx - but cbx just for rar / zip, icaros for cbr and cbz (and others). Sometimes I have folders, where no thumbnail wil be created by icaros for several cbrs and if I rename that fil to .rar - cbxshell will do it. relabelling back then to .cbr - loosing thumb again.

For me, actually the only way of getting rid of that (but only sometimes...), is to repack that file with winrar - after that, icaros is able to make a thumb of that file previously not worked, so that's why I assume that your handling of compressed files differs from cbxshell.

Is there a small chance to solve that?

sincerly,
(09-18-2016, 02:41 AM)catweazle Wrote: For me, actually the only way of getting rid of that (but only sometimes...), is to repack that file with winrar - after that, icaros is able to make a thumb of that file previously not worked, so that's why I assume that your handling of compressed files differs from cbxshell.

Is there a small chance to solve that?

Hi,

I've got an additional knowledge:

I assumed, that icaros is able to thumbnail the cbr after that procedure. In real it seems like it just uses the generated (and cached) version from windwos/cbx . If I'm performing a refresh with those files by dropping them on the icaros window ... they will loose their thumbnail. Sad
Hi catweazle,

Could you send me one or more of the files that doesn't get thumbnailed with Icaros.
I will gladly look at them and see if I can make them work with Icaros. :)
Hi Xanashi,

just sent you a pm with some links to not working cbrs!

thanks in advance,

Catweazle
@Catweazle

Just FYI I usually reprocess my cbrs via ComicRack (using the plugin that pulls and updates data from ComicVine).. ComicRack renames the comic pages, orders the images within the cbr and adds the metadata etc that usually sorts any weird issues some cbrs have.

~Koog
(01-21-2017, 03:28 AM)dakooga Wrote: @Catweazle

Just FYI I usually reprocess my cbrs via ComicRack (using the plugin that pulls and updates data from ComicVine).. ComicRack renames the comic pages, orders the images within the cbr and adds the metadata etc that usually sorts any weird issues some cbrs have.

~Koog

Hi Koog,

thanks for your answer, I also have Comicrack but afaik there's only a repack-ability for CBz's - not CBr. And that's also a problem (afaik) that these Metadata cannot be placed inside cbr's (license issues). But that would'nt solve the point mentioned above for thumbnailing.
I've fixed the thumbnailing issue on my end. It will be fixed in an upcoming release. 
I had to change out the entire library that handled these files, because the library I'm using in the current version 
of Icaros simply didn't support the format of these files. 

Anyway, a fix is coming. ;)
thanks xanashi therefore,
looking fordward for it Smile
Great Job Xanashi, with the actual beta 3.0.2 it is working gapless Smile

many thanks therfore!!

one last point...

how do you decide, which of the pictures inside will be that one for being used for thumbnail?

is it the first on in alphabetical order or is it the first one being archives?
I would think, alphabetical decision would be easier to handle
(01-29-2017, 03:55 PM)catweazle Wrote: Great Job Xanashi, with the actual beta 3.0.2 it is working gapless :)

many thanks therfore!!

one last point...

how do you decide, which of the pictures inside will be that one for being used for thumbnail?

is it the first on in alphabetical order or is it the first one being archives?
I would think, alphabetical decision would be easier to handle

Perfect! Glad to hear it's working as intended! ^__^

Icaros is using the first image in alphabetical order. So it should be the way you want it. ;)