-->>Setup and usage<<--          
v713 LAV Registration Errors
Running Windows 7 x64.
Just updated from 697 to 713. I installed the way I always have by uninstalling the x64 version first, etc.
I've never had any issues uninstalling/installing, but today I received errors regarding registering LAV files.
I then went to uninstall and start over but received errors regarding unregistering LAV files.

Made sure that no related files were in use (browser closed, no WMC components running) and reinstalled. Same errors.

I found an old post with a similar issue which mentioned uninstalling and deleting the folders completely.
I saw the LAV errors again while uninstalling, but clicked through them, then deleted the Shark folders in Program Files and Program Files (x86).
I restarted when I was done.

After restart, attempted to reinstall 713 again. Same issues.
Ran the x64 uninstaller, clicked through the LAV errors, deleted folders, restarted and installed 697 with no problem.

Could this be something with the new installer or is it just my machine?

While I'm here, a few other little things I've always noticed but never mentioned because they don't actually cause any problems:

- After uninstalling the x64 version, you get a dialog box with something along the lines of "This product has been removed from your system".
However, you get no notification after uninstalling the x86 version.

- I run either the x86 or x64 settings applications, see the "There is a newer version available" dialog box, click OK which launches a browser, at which time I grab the update.
When I go back to run the uninstaller, I get the "there is a newer version available" dialog box again, which has to be closed out before the uninstaller will run.

- Is there a reason why a new "Windows Media Player" shortcut is added to the root of my start menu after every installation?

Please let me know if more info is needed and thanks for reading.
I can verify these issues and will release 714 within the next hour.
As for Media Player shortcut.. There is nothing in my software doing that.

Test the new release, maybe it was just another issue with 713.
(02-06-2017, 03:26 PM)Shark007 Wrote: I can verify these issues and will release 714 within the next hour.
As for Media Player shortcut.. There is nothing in my software doing that.

Test the new release, maybe it was just another issue with 713.

Hi and thank you for replying so quickly! I may be one of the last hangers-on with Windows Media Center at this point, but I've gotten very comfortable with it since I discovered your software years ago. Thank you for all your hard work.

As for the Windows Media Player icon, I keep all my Start Menu icons in subfolders. The Windows Media Player icon reappears in the root after every Shark update, after which I delete it.
It may just be a byproduct of resetting everything after updating, but it definitely happens.

Thanks again!
714 is available.

More about that Media Player icon.
I do have some registry entries in the Reset function of the 64bit app that are probably causing this to occur.
These entries have to do with resetting the 32bit player as Default when a user has chosen the 64bit player.
I will lend some consideration to re-writing that functionality as to exactly when it is executed.
(02-06-2017, 04:31 PM)Shark007 Wrote: 714 is available.

More about that Media Player icon.
I do have some registry entries in the Reset function of the 64bit app that are probably causing this to occur.
These entries have to do with resetting the 32bit player as Default when a user has chosen the 64bit player.
I will lend some consideration to re-writing that functionality as to exactly when it is executed.

Just updated to 714 - Problem solved!

Also, very much appreciate your consideration of the other items.
Thank you again for your time and attention. Donated!
I was also encountering the LAV registration errors during v713 setup on my Win7 x64 ultimate machine after updating from v670 [I kinda update the codecs every 3 months].  Installing the newest version v718 and the LAV errors are gone.

unrelated to this, about using the Intel Quicksync option for Intel GPUs mentioned here:
http://shark007.net/forum/Thread-Setup-and-usage
Intel Quicksync will have an effect with at least the "Sandy Bridge" series of Intel GPUs.  The option may not work for much older Intel GPUs earlier than Sandy Bridge.

Wikipedia link on Intel Quicksync Video:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Quick_Sync_Video

I immediately set the Intel Quicksync option after installing or updating to the newest Advanced codecs package since my Win7 x64 machine uses an Intel i5-2310 core CPU with Intel HD Graphics 2000 chipset.