You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Forum Home
About Icaros - Printable Version

+- Forum Home (http://shark007.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Forum Listing (http://shark007.net/forum/Forum-Forum-Listing)
+--- Forum: Icaros Development (http://shark007.net/forum/Forum-Icaros-Development)
+--- Thread: About Icaros (/Thread-About-Icaros)

RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 01-05-2012

(01-05-2012, 07:48 AM)Lenmaer Wrote:  Here is one

^^

Thanks! ^^

RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 01-05-2012

(01-05-2012, 10:01 AM)ricktendo64 Wrote:  I know its not Icaros related but I also notice that the revision3 shows mp4 thumbnail does not show up anymore in the latest codec packs (cant exactly recall when it stopped working)

Hmm, in what way? So you mean mp4 is not registered to Icaros in the latest version of Shark's Codecs?
Can't you just add it via the Config tab?

If you don't get any thumbnails at all, just re-register the default MS handler:
[attachment=1220]

RE: About Icaros - dancedar - 01-06-2012

(12-29-2011, 09:03 AM)Xanashi Wrote:  
(12-28-2011, 04:47 PM)Smeulf Wrote:  Oh, another idea came in my mind: is it possible to add an option to use the cover.jpg or cover.png MKV embeded file instead of a piece of the video ? I know it's not the main goal of the tool, but it could be a nice to have IMO.

It's certainly doable, but I don't think I've ever encountered an mkv with cover images attached, then again, they're not exactly noticeable.
I'm not sure the feature is worth the time used on implementing it, and I can already foresee an issue with thumbnail adornments.

Do you find these cover images frequently used?

Thanks for you feedback and suggestions,
Xanashi

I'd love to see this implemented, especially as it seems their official Matroska.org tech guidelines lay out that it can be done (http://matroska.org/technical/cover_art/index.html), and there's a sample file, too (https://sourceforge.net/projects/matroska/files/test_files/cover_art.mkv/download) although clearly this download doesn't thumbnail the cover art...yet!

RE: About Icaros - Paladin77 - 01-06-2012

(01-05-2012, 06:48 AM)Xanashi Wrote:  Sorry for my short absence, everyone.

@Paladin77, cengizhan, Lenmaer
Thanks for the great support! It is really appreciated.
You'd be surprised how little feedback I get on Icaros, so it's actually not
that obvious to me, what the users think.

Btw. Paladin77 have you experienced any issues with optional filetypes, since LAV 0.43?

No issues at all. Custom file types are working all good now. FLVs are rendered flawlessly (only custom type I have for the time being) and its done FASTER! Also the annoying folder thumbnails not generating bug is gone. Generating thumbs for packed libraries doesn't slow the system and is pretty fast which is good (imagine opening a folder with 100+ mkvs lol) So far its all good on my end. THANKS Xanashi :-)

Question Xanashi: Regarding rm, rmvb files: I know its a limitation of icaros related to LAV more icaros itself. But is there a workaround for that? Even if its not icaros related?

RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 01-06-2012

@dancedar
Thanks for the references, although I beat you to it. :-)
I've already read the guidelines and downloaded the sample about a week ago.

Since the requests for this feature are slowly building up, I might move it up a notch on the list of things to do, though. ;-)

@Paladin77
And Thank You for helping out with the troubleshooting. ^^

With that clear, and no reports of regressions, I think it's about time I release 1.3.1,
so it can get out before any new features are added.

About the realmedia files, I haven't done a lot of testing on how to make them thumbnail,
but I do know that some of them already work with Icaros/LAV.
As for a workaround, I can't tell you yet. Maybe after a bit of testing. :-)

RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 01-06-2012

@ricktendo64
Ahh, I wasn't sure what you were talking about in your previous post.
Makes sense now. :-)

Just remove the mp4 extension from Icaros.
I currently have no intention of implementing something that's already supported natively by Windows,
so if users want cover art for mp4, the MS thumbnail handler is the way to go. ;-)

RE: About Icaros - Shark007 - 01-06-2012

(01-06-2012, 09:52 AM)Paladin77 Wrote:  Regarding rm, rmvb files: I know its a limitation of icaros related to LAV more icaros itself. But is there a workaround for that? Even if its not icaros related?

use the attached registry file.

[attachment=1224]

RE: About Icaros - Paladin77 - 01-07-2012

(01-06-2012, 06:12 PM)Shark007 Wrote:  
(01-06-2012, 09:52 AM)Paladin77 Wrote:  Regarding rm, rmvb files: I know its a limitation of icaros related to LAV more icaros itself. But is there a workaround for that? Even if its not icaros related?

use the attached registry file.

tried this Xanashi. Sadly still no go :-(

RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 01-07-2012

(01-07-2012, 02:20 AM)Paladin77 Wrote:  tried this Xanashi. Sadly still no go :-(

Although it wasn't my suggestion, I'm sorry to hear it didn't work. Undecided

EDIT: It should be mentioned that the realmedia files would only thumbnail using this method,
if a valid realmedia decoder is present on the system.

RE: About Icaros - Shark007 - 01-07-2012

(01-07-2012, 04:41 AM)Xanashi Wrote:  
(01-07-2012, 02:20 AM)Paladin77 Wrote:  tried this Xanashi. Sadly still no go :-(

Although it wasn't my suggestion, I'm sorry to hear it didn't work. Undecided

EDIT: It should be mentioned that the realmedia files would only thumbnail using this method,
if a valid realmedia decoder is present on the system.

I assumed that since Paladin77 does not use my packages, he has the knowledge to decode realmedia content already and that is why he asks for help thumbnailing the files.