You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Forum Home
About Icaros - Printable Version

+- Forum Home (http://shark007.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Forum Listing (/Forum-Forum-Listing)
+--- Forum: 32bit ADVANCED Codecs (/Forum-32bit-ADVANCED-Codecs)
+--- Thread: About Icaros (/Thread-About-Icaros)

RE: About Icaros - cengizhan - 10-31-2011 03:21 PM

(10-31-2011 03:06 PM)Xanashi Wrote:  Is this happening for just a few files or a lot?
Could you provide a sample of one of the affected files?

Follow these guidelines for sample creation:
Open the Settings Application and go to the Misc TAB.
From here, drag n drop the file onto the upper text field and click "create" to cut a 40 MB sample of the troubled file, upload the sample to http://mediafire.com.
Place the download URL in your post.

all mkv and flv files are affected.

what is this settings application? i have not installed win7codecs. just registered lav filters. is win7codecs necessary? i thought laf filters and icaros is enough.

if i unregister lav filters than no thumbnail is generated. so i am sure that icaros is using lav filters, not anything else.

RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 10-31-2011 03:23 PM

Sorry my mind was elsewhere. No need for a sample. And yes LAV is all that's required.

If you open IcarosConfig does it say v. 1.2.0 at bottom?

RE: About Icaros - cengizhan - 11-01-2011 01:35 AM

(10-31-2011 03:23 PM)Xanashi Wrote:  Sorry my mind was elsewhere. No need for a sample. And yes LAV is all that's required.

If you open IcarosConfig does it say v. 1.2.0 at bottom?

Yes.

RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 11-01-2011 04:15 AM

Hmm... I can't reproduce your problem, not even by using the exact same setup as you have (LAV, Haali, Quicktime).
Did you experience the same problem with any previous versions of Icaros (assuming you used any of them)?

My current suggestion would be to uninstall LAV and Icaros completely. Make sure both have been completely removed from the program files directory.
Then reinstall the latest version of LAV and Icaros v. 1.2.0.

RE: About Icaros - cengizhan - 11-01-2011 09:49 AM

(11-01-2011 04:15 AM)Xanashi Wrote:  Hmm... I can't reproduce your problem, not even by using the exact same setup as you have (LAV, Haali, Quicktime).
Did you experience the same problem with any previous versions of Icaros (assuming you used any of them)?

My current suggestion would be to uninstall LAV and Icaros completely. Make sure both have been completely removed from the program files directory.
Then reinstall the latest version of LAV and Icaros v. 1.2.0.

also v1.1 had the same problem.

is there any registry settings that icaros uses? may be deleting them helps it.

EDIT: after writing this post i decided to search for Lav filters in registry. and after deleting "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LAV", problem is solved !

RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 11-01-2011 10:30 AM

(11-01-2011 09:49 AM)cengizhan Wrote:  EDIT: after writing this post i decided to search for Lav filters in registry. and after deleting "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LAV", problem is solved !

Deleting that key would remove all of your current LAV settings.
LAV will most likely rebuild them using it's default values, the next time it's used.
I wonder if some specific setting caused this issue?

Anyway, good to hear you got it working.

RE: About Icaros - V1de0Luvr - 11-01-2011 03:11 PM

Thumbnails are now right-side up for me with 3.2.0 which has Icaros 1.2.0. Thanks!

RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 11-06-2011 06:08 AM

Hello everyone,

Here is a new Icaros build, ready for testing.
There is one requirement when using 1.2.3, you need to use a development build of LAV. You can find it right HERE.
That particular build contains a change, that alters the way Icaros should handle thumbnail orientation.

Download v1.2.3. [attachment=1102]

Changelog for 1.2.3:
- Fixed a bug in stride logic (this fixes b/w and torn thumbnails)
- Fixed small upside-down bug, if certain settings in LAV video was disabled.
- Improved stability

Installation
If you are using Shark's Codecs, you'll need to deactivate Icaros via the Config tab of the Settings App first.
Log off windows, then back in or restart explorer via Task Manager.
Replace IcarosThumbnailProvider.dll and IcarosConfig.exe in Shark's Codecs installation directory.
Activate Icaros again in the Settings app.

If you have the standalone version of Icaros perform the same steps as above, but just use IcarosConfig directly to activate/deactivate Icaros,
and replace the files in the Icaros installation directory instead.

If you have neither, you can just use it from wherever you extract it.

Enjoy! ;-)

RE: About Icaros - mankind - 11-08-2011 08:35 AM

(11-06-2011 06:08 AM)Xanashi Wrote:  Installation
If you are using Shark's Codecs, you'll need to deactivate Icaros via the Config tab of the Settings App first.
Log off windows, then back in or restart explorer via Task Manager.
Replace IcarosThumbnailProvider.dll and IcarosConfig.exe in Shark's Codecs installation directory.
Activate Icaros again in the Settings app.

it works, thanks Smile
but the b/w and torn thumbnail didn't fix automatically.. in my case, i still have to use metafox to fix it Tongue

RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 11-08-2011 09:04 AM

(11-08-2011 08:35 AM)mankind Wrote:  it works, thanks Smile
but the b/w and torn thumbnail didn't fix automatically.. in my case, i still have to use metafox to fix it Tongue

Thanks for the feedback mankind :-)

You need to empty the thumbnail cache to get the new changes.
If it still doesn't work after that, then could I ask you for a sample of the troublesome file?