Codecs for Windows 10,  Windows 7,  Windows 8.1
Archived posts - Printable Version

+- Codecs for Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 (http://shark007.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Forum Listing (http://shark007.net/forum/Forum-Forum-Listing)
+--- Forum: Icaros Development (http://shark007.net/forum/Forum-Icaros-Development)
+--- Thread: Archived posts (/Thread-Archived-posts)

RE: About Icaros - HD-False - 04-05-2012

(04-05-2012, 03:13 PM)Shark007 Wrote: Have you tried adding WTV to the alternate file extensions list within the [Icaros Thumbnailing] button on thr Config TAB?
To do so, Deactivate Icaros, add .wtv; and Activate it again.
Yes!
[attachment=1352]

RE: About Icaros - Shark007 - 04-05-2012

(04-05-2012, 03:36 PM)HD-False Wrote:
(04-05-2012, 03:13 PM)Shark007 Wrote: Have you tried adding WTV to the alternate file extensions list within the [Icaros Thumbnailing] button on thr Config TAB?
To do so, Deactivate Icaros, add .wtv; and Activate it again.
Yes!

Adding .WTV works OK for me. (only tested on 64bit machine)

Do you mean a thumbnail inside Media Center? (Icaros is an Explorer thumnailer)
From within Media Center, thumbs are produced by WMP - Icaros is not used inside of Media Center

RE: About Icaros - bars - 04-06-2012

Shark007
In Icaros audiobitrate will be added?
Code:
System.Audio.EncodingBitrate

RE: About Icaros - jamiex - 04-06-2012

I downloaded Icarus today and I am wondering if it's able to add lines to the description in the properties panel in explorer? I want to add a line named "tags" so that I can add tags to the MKV file which i will use to search for using the searchbar in explorer.

RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 04-06-2012

Sorry for the late and long reply. :-)

@cengizhan
This problem has somewhat been summarized by Shark, Lenmaer, BitTech and yourself.
It is actually a combination of several circumstances, that creates this unfortunate situation.

To begin with, most containers are designed to be parsable even in an incomplete state.
Because of this, FFmpeg has no problem decoding such files, until it either reaches an erroneous sequence in the file or eof.
This operation usually takes a little longer because of various retries and whatnot, but, in the end, it is nothing serious.

The real problem starts with Microsofts thumbnailing routine, which works something like this:
Explorer sees a file, it then inquires the thumbnail database, if this file already has a thumbnail in the correct size.
If the file does not have an entry, or the entry has a wrong size, it request a new thumbnail from the thumbnail provider currently registered to that file's type.
The thumbnail is retrieved and added to the database, and all is great.

Or at least it is, as long as the thumbnail is retrieved successfully.
In the case where a thumbnail is not successfully added to the db, Microsoft has chosen to make Explorer do a couple of sequential retries,
just in case the file was in the middle of a download and was missing a few MB to work out the thumbnail. (This is where you currently experience load)
Then afterwards Explorer continues to request a thumbnail for that file, every time the file is either clicked,
or the directory, which the file is located in, is opened.

I presume this is the safest way to make sure, that a thumbnail is generated,
if it ever becomes possible to do so (like right after a file has finished downloading).
Of course, this can be quite annoying, if it never becomes possible, as you have already pointed out.

My current options are few, and none of them ideal, but I will see, what I can do to improve the handling of broken files.
As BitTech said, samples are the best way to help me out with this.

@Zyw
I agree. :-P
And being the first to break that circle is never easy.
Nevertheless, support for embedded covers in mkvs is on my todo list, just not the at the top, but it will be implemented at some point.

@HD-False
I don't have any issues with .wtv files in Explorer.
I have no experience with WMC's thumbnailing procedure, so I can't really comment on that.

@bars
It is already there for flv files.
There might be a uniform way to calculate the audio bitrate in all filetypes, I just haven't found it yet.

@jamiex
Not at the moment, no.
It might be possible at some later point. Time will tell.

RE: About Icaros - bars - 04-06-2012

(04-06-2012, 03:24 PM)Xanashi Wrote: It is already there for flv files.
There might be a uniform way to calculate the audio bitrate in all filetypes, I just haven't found it yet.
For "flv" - yes, works, for "mkv" - doesn't work Sad
I will hope and wait...

P.S.
Bug-report:
For mkv 23.976 fps - Icaros shows 23 fps <- OK
For mkv 24.000 fps - Icaros shows 23 fps <- BAD
Sample 24fps: http://depositfiles.com/files/mzs2u3bl7
Sample (Mirror): http://sendfile.su/566441

P.P.S.
Probably to show EXACT fps xx.xxx fps?

RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 04-06-2012

(04-06-2012, 04:10 PM)bars Wrote: P.S.
Bug-report:
For mkv 23.976 fps - Icaros shows 23 fps <- OK
For mkv 24.000 fps - Icaros shows 23 fps <- BAD

Oh, I see the problem ^_^
Will be fixed. Thanks for the report.

(04-06-2012, 04:10 PM)bars Wrote: P.P.S.
Probably to show EXACT fps xx.xxx fps?

Unfortunately not, it's a design limit. Explorer automatically discards the remaining digits.

RE: About Icaros - HD-False - 04-06-2012

Quote:@HD-False
I don't have any issues with .wtv files in Explorer.
I have no experience with WMC's thumbnailing procedure, so I can't really comment on that.
I have also no issues with *.wtv files, when I use the MS-Video Decoder.
If I use then the PowerDVD 12 decoder, I have the issues only with new records in MC7, WMP and Explorer!?

Edit:
I W7CP 3.6.0 again re-installed and *.wtv added at 2.0 Icaros, then I see in the Explorer and WMP 12 the new Thumbs, but not in MC7.

RE: About Icaros - cengizhan - 04-07-2012

Xanashi,

I see. So the problem is explorer continuously tries to get an image for an incomplete file. that is the cause of huge file reads and high cpu usage.

Than may be you should satisfy explorer by giving it an image with broken and incomplete file. or you should put an option to enable such approach. This was the thing i was trying explain previously.

RE: About Icaros - bars - 04-07-2012

Xanashi
Probably to add show of *duration* etc. for .ac3 and .dts files?
And the same question on .m2ts