Codecs for Windows 10,  Windows 7,  Windows 8.1
Archived posts - Printable Version

+- Codecs for Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 (http://shark007.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Forum Listing (http://shark007.net/forum/Forum-Forum-Listing)
+--- Forum: Icaros Development (http://shark007.net/forum/Forum-Icaros-Development)
+--- Thread: Archived posts (/Thread-Archived-posts)

RE: About Icaros - Lenmaer - 10-25-2012

Hello.
I was just wondering if the audio bit deph (16, 24, 32, etc) could be added in explorer properties?

[Image: 80247a93247607473081.jpg]

A bit like it does for the video tracks where it shows the video codecs and its properties (profile, etc).

Also I confirm, I haven't encountered any bug for beta 3 on win7 x64, can't say for win8 as I hate that OS and never will use it.

RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 10-25-2012

xankazo,
Yeah, I did it with a clean install of Beta 1 too.
Oh well, let me know if you encounter this problem again with any of the future builds.
Thanks for testing as always ;-)

Lenmaer,
Thanks for the confirmation ^_^
I thought I had already added bit depth to the mkv properties,
but after checking my code, I can see why I never got around to add it.
Apparently the Windows property system doesn't have a default property field that displays the audio bit depth.

It will be very easy to add a custom property for it, though.
I could add it to the 'Audio Tracks' field, but then again, that might make the 'Audio Tracks' field too long and incomprehensible,
especially in case of multiple audio tracks.
Thoughts?

RE: About Icaros - Lenmaer - 10-26-2012

(10-25-2012, 02:01 PM)Xanashi Wrote: Lenmaer,
Thanks for the confirmation ^_^
I thought I had already added bit depth to the mkv properties,
but after checking my code, I can see why I never got around to add it.
Apparently the Windows property system doesn't have a default property field that displays the audio bit depth.

It will be very easy to add a custom property for it, though.
I could add it to the 'Audio Tracks' field, but then again, that might make the 'Audio Tracks' field too long and incomprehensible,
especially in case of multiple audio tracks.
Thoughts?

Why not making it as an option?
I mean the properties bar can be resized, so when we make it bigger, then the fields won't be too long and incomprehensible anymore.
Unless there's an highlight option for that bar, where some fields will be completely shown only if highlighted with the mouse?

RE: About Icaros - FlyingHorse - 10-26-2012

(10-22-2012, 02:45 PM)Xanashi Wrote: FlyingHorse,
I actually did take another look at it some time ago, unfortunately, the results were inconclusive at best. Undecided
However, my personal conjecture is this:
Whenever Windows Search is performing an index/reindex of it's 'included locations', it executes an isolated host process; SearchFilterHost.exe.
This process loads, on demand, any property handler, that is required to index any of the different filetypes in the 'included locations' list.

All .NET 4 applications exposes a profiling api, allowing profilers to be attached on-the-fly.
The error you see reported in the event viewer is thrown because the initialization of this profiling api fails in IcarosPropertyHandler.
Now the reason why it fails, is most likely because the library is loaded via an unmanaged process (SearchFilterHost) (which is also loaded with very low privileges).

I'm currently not sure if something can be done about this, but at least the error itself should be benign.

There is currently two ways to avoid the error.
Either disable the Icaros property handler or remove any file locations containing Icaros' Property Filetypes (mkv, ogm, flv etc.),
from the 'included locations' list in the 'indexing options' util.

If you mean deselecting the "Property Filetypes Registered" entries I have tried to do that but they won't stay disabled. I think I'm missing something.

RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 10-26-2012

Lenmaer,
The Details Pane is managed in columns with a hard-coded width, for all but the last column, it seems.
So if the track info is not in the last column, there is a good chance the info would be abbreviated,
and only hovering the field would show the entire info text.

In any way, I believe the bit depth property in the MKV container is mostly just used in case the audio is PCM.
Icaros already shows the bit depth in the 'Audio Tracks' property, if the audio is PCM, though.
So, it may not do much difference in the end.

FlyingHorse,
Oh, you're right, that's definitely a bug. I'll look into it. ;-)

RE: About Icaros - Lenmaer - 10-26-2012

Actually, I had FLAC & ALAC in mind ^^
No one sane would use PCM as it's bloated.
But I understand, thanks for your reply.

RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 10-26-2012

(10-26-2012, 01:38 PM)Lenmaer Wrote: Actually, I had FLAC & ALAC in mind ^^
No one sane would use PCM as it's bloated.
But I understand, thanks for your reply.

Actually, I took a look at my samples and all mkv files with flac audio, exposed an audio bit depth,
so I'd say it worth looking into. ^-^

How would you suggest the 'Audio Tracks' field should format this info?
Right now it shows: [Format][channels][language] (e.g. FLAC 2.0 [Eng]).

RE: About Icaros - hazrie90 - 10-26-2012

Hello,
How to get properties view like this?

My current properties view is like this...Current OS use 64-bits
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]

RE: About Icaros - Lenmaer - 10-27-2012

(10-26-2012, 01:44 PM)Xanashi Wrote: Actually, I took a look at my samples and all mkv files with flac audio, exposed an audio bit depth,
so I'd say it worth looking into. ^-^

How would you suggest the 'Audio Tracks' field should format this info?
Right now it shows: [Format][channels][language] (e.g. FLAC 2.0 [Eng]).

I don't know, but didn't you say you can add custom entries?
If so you can create new ones like
Video Bitrate: 2 Pass (Bitrate) or CRF XX (Bitrate)
Audio Bitrate: Bitrate (Bit Depth)

And since Matroska is a very handy container, other entries could be added too like:
Video Track Name:
Audio Track Name:
Subtitle Track Name:

Also I noticed that sometimes the properties shown are wrong, like variable framerate just shows an average framerate instead of variable.
Or the video duration. If a MKV contains an ASS file which has a longer duration than the video then that will be shown as duration in the properties. (Example: put a 30min ASS file in a 20min MKV and the properties will show 30min for the file duration).

(10-26-2012, 08:57 PM)hazrie90 Wrote: Hello,

Honestly I don't know, it was always like that for me.

RE: About Icaros - jiguro - 10-27-2012

(10-26-2012, 08:57 PM)hazrie90 Wrote: Hello,

Have you tried just resizing that panel to expose more information?