Codecs for Windows 10,  Windows 7,  Windows 8.1
Archived posts - Printable Version

+- Codecs for Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 (http://shark007.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Forum Listing (http://shark007.net/forum/Forum-Forum-Listing)
+--- Forum: Icaros Development (http://shark007.net/forum/Forum-Icaros-Development)
+--- Thread: Archived posts (/Thread-Archived-posts)

RE: About Icaros - lordkag - 01-25-2013

Nice of you to add the avi parser, as I had 2 files that were unreadable to the native one, but work quite well now. The only thing I noticed is that this new parser is resetting my avi custom reg on every disable/enable cycle. It is only related to avi from what I have tested, the rest are keeping their format.
Is avi container that permissive, since both Icaros and native parser give different bitrates than MediaInfo? Even if it is container vs stream battle, rarely I have seen equal results.
On the added track definitions, what should we test? I have noticed WMVx being read. If I have files with different result than MediaInfo, should I report and upload samples or is it entirely on the future stream parser from now on?

RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 01-27-2013

Sorry if I'm a bit slow with the replies lately, my monitor broke down a couple of days ago,
so I'm out shopping for new components and monitor for an overall upgrade of my system.

(01-25-2013, 09:24 AM)ruudboek Wrote: Hi Xanashi, did you receive any feedback from Marko yet?

Unfortunately, nothing yet. :-/

lordkay,
Since the prop lists are managed automatically by Icaros at the moment,
I had to make a decision on how to handle native filetypes in this regard.
So to make sure Icaros didn't break any native functionality,
I chose to make the registration more restrictive for native filetypes.

Well, I decided to calculate the bitrate the same way as MS does it, which is by using the container info only.
I'm sure MediaInfo is far more precise with it's results. Luckily, there is usually not much difference, so the container info,
should be sufficient to get a general idea of the bitrates in the file.

If you have a file that displays a simple Foucc in one of the 'Tracks' fields, and you feel you have a more descriptive name for that particular fourcc,
I will gladly update the definitions. A sample with the name provided along with it, or simply mailing me the fourcc with an alternative name,
would both be fine with me. ;)

RE: About Icaros - ja333 - 01-29-2013

I installed icaros to show cover art on my mkv files but now my MP4 does not show the cover art but a thumbnail of the video (the mkv show the cover art correctly). I tried both .mp4 as registered in icaros and not registered in icaros and it does not make a difference. Before installing icaros I had the .mp4 cover showing correctly. I am using Windows 8 Pro 64-bit. Can you help? Thanks.

RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 01-30-2013

Hi ja333,

Icaros doesn't support mp4 cover art yet (I will probably add it soon though),
so for the time being, you should remove .mp4 from your thumbnail list in IcarosConfig,
and clear the thumbnail cache, to re-generate the thumbnails.

If you click the banner in IcarosConfig, there is a 'Clear Cache' button in the presented About dialog.

RE: About Icaros - ja333 - 01-30-2013

Hi Xanashi,

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I tried this and it still does not show the .mp4 cover art. It seems that the native support for the .mp4 got broken somehow. Also I am getting this error on Icaros 2.2b when I try to activate or deactivate icaros.

[attachment=1857]

Can you help in getting this error message resolved and restoring native .mp4 support for cover art? Thank you very much again.

RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 01-31-2013

Hmm... interesting. I can't reproduce the problem.
What are your current settings in IcarosConfig? I'm mostly interested in the property filetypes.

It will be easy to restore the native mp4 support, but I would like to get the bug fixed beforehand,
if that's okay with you. ;)

RE: About Icaros - hazrie90 - 01-31-2013

I Also getting the error on Icaros 2.2b when I try to activate or deactivate icaros show by ja333....

I get this error when installing Win7codecs 3.9.9.....revert back to 3.9.8 still got the problem...before this 3.9.8 dont have this problem....

Perhaps it's related to upgrading. I'll give it a try.
hazrie90, do you have all property filetypes enabled?

EDIT: No "luck". Upgrading using standalone Icaros installer worked fine here.

RE: About Icaros - hazrie90 - 01-31-2013

(01-31-2013, 06:36 AM)Xanashi Wrote: Perhaps it's related to upgrading. I'll give it a try.
hazrie90, do you have all property filetypes enabled?

EDIT: No "luck". Upgrading using standalone Icaros installer worked fine here.

Yup all property filetypes enabled.....

I also try usng standalone, it worked fine.... the problem is i cant disable icaros from Win7codecs...

to make it work properly.....i have to disable from standalone, then activate it from Win7codecs...then it worked fine....

Great! That should help us narrow it down.

Although it sounded like ja333 installed the standalone version.
I'll try a couple of different setups and see if I can manage to reproduce the bug.

EDIT: Moved reply to next page