You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Forum Home
About Icaros - Printable Version

+- Forum Home (http://shark007.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Forum Listing (/Forum-Forum-Listing)
+--- Forum: 32bit ADVANCED Codecs (/Forum-32bit-ADVANCED-Codecs)
+--- Thread: About Icaros (/Thread-About-Icaros)

RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 12-07-2011 08:24 AM

(12-07-2011 07:59 AM)Paladin77 Wrote:  TV rip 480p h264 mkvs to be exact. And you are right. Restarting explorer works as well.

Sounds like pretty ordinary mkvs. Can't reproduce this problem.
I wonder if it has something to do with Haali and LAV being active at the same time? Hmm...

RE: About Icaros - Paladin77 - 12-07-2011 08:25 AM

yeah I have Haali active for ordered chapter support and if I uninstall it the thumbnails lose erm the reel effect. They become small avatar like pictures. Instead of mpc icon with film reels on the sides.

RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 12-07-2011 08:32 AM

I would only make you unregister Haali as a test, to see if this issue would be solved.
It's usually better to have proper playback than thumbnails ;-)

To get back the video sprockets (yes, that's their actual name in Windows), just re-activate Icaros.

RE: About Icaros - Paladin77 - 12-07-2011 08:40 AM

(12-07-2011 08:32 AM)Xanashi Wrote:  I would only make you unregister Haali as a test, to see if this issue would be solved.
It's usually better to have proper playback than thumbnails ;-)

To get back the video sprockets (yes, that's their actual name in Windows), just re-activate Icaros.

Ok I will try and report in a few minutes.

EDIT: It worked! Thanks alot Xanashi. Sprockets are back (seriously they call it that, I am a Cambridge graduate and windows' English troubles me sometimes). FLV rendering worked once I removed haali and let LAV deal with mkv. So what do you think?

RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 12-07-2011 09:18 AM

(12-07-2011 08:40 AM)Paladin77 Wrote:  EDIT: It worked! Thanks alot Xanashi. Sprockets are back (seriously they call it that, I am a Cambridge graduate and windows' English troubles me sometimes). FLV rendering worked once I removed haali and let LAV deal with mkv. So what do you think?

So your mkvs produce thumbnails consistently now?
Didn't your flvs generate thumbnails at all, before you removed Haali?

Although I have no idea how Haali can or does interfere with LAV, things like this tend to happen, whenever you install more than one filter with the same purpose.

When I get the time, I will try to install LAV and Haali alongside each other, and see what kind of problems (if any) it results in.

RE: About Icaros - Paladin77 - 12-07-2011 09:23 AM

Here is my exact setup:

MPC-HC (latest)
Internal filters: all disabled
Renderer: EVR custom pres.
Audio: Reclock 1.8.7.7
External filters order:
1.Haali Media splitter
2.Filesource (Async.)
3.LAV splitter
4.madflac decoder
5.LAV audio decoder
6.LAV video decoder.

And attached is a reg settings file which points haali to be used on certain formats and lav on others.

Mkvs are consistent now.
FLV were problematic before. Now not anymore.

RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 12-07-2011 10:12 AM

Code:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\Media Type\Extensions\.mkv]
"Source Filter"="{55DA30FC-F16B-49FC-BAA5-AE59FC65F82D}"

This is probably the source of the issues you've been having.
Haali is registered as the source filter for mkv, while Icaros uses LAV Splitter Source in it's graph.

Doing it the other way around would most likely solve this, e.g.:
Let mkv's source filter be LAV and then in MPC-HC, add Haali Media Splitter (not source) as a preferred external filter.

I'm still not sure why flv is acting up, though.
Anyway, good progress. :-)

RE: About Icaros - Paladin77 - 12-07-2011 11:20 AM

Hey thats a good idea. Let me reverse the changes and report back.

Good progress indeed!

EDIT Ok mkvs are working well now even with haali. Only the custom file types acting up, and another small issue as well: the FOLDER thumbnails (showing the mkvs inside a folder) acts up a little bit. I rectify it by toggling different icon view in windows (by clicking change your view in explorer window) and that fixes it. The latter is a minor issue that can be overlooked. I just mentioned it for the sake of reporting :-)

RE: About Icaros - Xanashi - 12-07-2011 01:12 PM

(12-07-2011 11:20 AM)Paladin77 Wrote:  Ok mkvs are working well now even with haali. Only the custom file types acting up, and another small issue as well: the FOLDER thumbnails (showing the mkvs inside a folder) acts up a little bit. I rectify it by toggling different icon view in windows (by clicking change your view in explorer window) and that fixes it. The latter is a minor issue that can be overlooked. I just mentioned it for the sake of reporting :-)

I had noticed that the "folder" thumbnails sometimes didn't load right, but it doesn't seem like anything in particular triggers this,
although it usually happens when pasting files into folders.

I'll probably take a peek into it, while I'm looking for a solution to that small, but annoying, custom filetypes bug.

Thanks for the update. :-)

RE: About Icaros - usufruit50 - 12-09-2011 08:21 AM

Bonjour Xanashi and Shark007.
First thank you for your work.
Since Shark integrate Icaros in is great codec pack I have to disable mpeg file type in Icaros for good thumbnailing mpeg files with 4/3 ratio.

[Image: captureupl.png]
By usufruit50 at 2011-12-09

But today I update 3.2.8 to 3.3.4 and if disabling Icaros for mpeg ,no Thumbs…

Thank again.