Codecs for Windows 10,  Windows 7,  Windows 8.1
Windows 10 missing audio format, subtitles properties in preview pane - Printable Version

+- Codecs for Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 (http://shark007.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Forum Listing (http://shark007.net/forum/Forum-Forum-Listing)
+--- Forum: Icaros Development (http://shark007.net/forum/Forum-Icaros-Development)
+--- Thread: Windows 10 missing audio format, subtitles properties in preview pane (/Thread-Windows-10-missing-audio-format-subtitles-properties-in-preview-pane)

Pages: 1 2 3

Windows 10 missing audio format, subtitles properties in preview pane - SloPoke - 08-09-2015

After upgrading to Windows 10 I find the audio format and subtitles properties are missing from the preview pane for supported video files, especially MKV. It displays length, size, frame width & height, and frame rate, etc., but the audio format and subtitles list that used to be displayed in Windows 8.1 are missing.

RE: Windows 10 missing audio format, subtitles properties in preview pane - Xanashi - 08-11-2015

Hi SloPoke,

As soon as the next beta is out, I'll start testing Icaros on Windows 10.
I'll be sure to check this out as soon as I start testing.

RE: Windows 10 missing audio format, subtitles properties in preview pane - SloPoke - 08-11-2015

(08-11-2015, 08:07 AM)Xanashi Wrote: Hi SloPoke,

As soon as the next beta is out, I'll start testing Icaros on Windows 10.
I'll be sure to check this out as soon as I start testing.

Thanks!

RE: Windows 10 missing audio format, subtitles properties in preview pane - swn32 - 08-20-2015

Properties are also missing for FLAC format. It is using the default win10 property handler which is broken.

RE: Windows 10 missing audio format, subtitles properties in preview pane - Xanashi - 08-20-2015

I can't reproduce either of these issues, so I suggest you try updating to the latest release (which will be released in a moment),
then deactivate properties in IcarosConfig, go to the tools page and click 'Reset Property Filetypes'.
Once reset, reactivate properties in IcarosConfig. 

(Additionally you can click the 'Refresh' button on the Tools page of IcarosConfig, after the above instructions)

RE: Windows 10 missing audio format, subtitles properties in preview pane - SloPoke - 08-20-2015

(08-20-2015, 09:03 AM)Xanashi Wrote: I can't reproduce either of these issues, so I suggest you try updating to the latest release (which will be released in a moment),
then deactivate properties in IcarosConfig, go to the tools page and click 'Reset Property Filetypes'.
Once reset, reactivate properties in IcarosConfig. 

(Additionally you can click the 'Refresh' button on the Tools page of IcarosConfig, after the above instructions)

I have no problems with FLAC (I have dbPowerAmp), but after following those instructions, I still get only a limited amount of info in the preview pane for video files.  I am assuming that the display is the default info for Windows 10 and Icaros is not able to take over handling of the properties. I have attached what I see in the preview pane for an MKV file with DTS audio and subtitles, and what MediaInfo shows me. The file is on a network drive, but that didn't stop the display of audio format and subtitles in the preview pane in Windows 8.1.

RE: Windows 10 missing audio format, subtitles properties in preview pane - SloPoke - 08-20-2015

Further information.  My Windows 10 installation  was an upgrade from Windows 8.1.  I have installed the codecs/icaros in a Windows 10 virtual machine that was a clean install, no upgrade, and the extended properties do show up.  So the limited preview pane properties seems to be a consequence of a Windows 10 upgrade rather than a clean install.

RE: Windows 10 missing audio format, subtitles properties in preview pane - Shark007 - 08-20-2015

(08-20-2015, 09:59 AM)SloPoke Wrote: Further information.  My Windows 10 installation  was an upgrade from Windows 8.1.  I have installed the codecs/icaros in a Windows 10 virtual machine that was a clean install, no upgrade, and the extended properties do show up.  So the limited preview pane properties seems to be a consequence of a Windows 10 upgrade rather than a clean install.
The upgrade took over the properties handling.
Use of [Reset All] in the 64bit app will fix it.
Installing a newer version of the codecs will fix it too.

(08-20-2015, 10:06 AM)Shark007 Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 09:59 AM)SloPoke Wrote: Further information.  My Windows 10 installation  was an upgrade from Windows 8.1.  I have installed the codecs/icaros in a Windows 10 virtual machine that was a clean install, no upgrade, and the extended properties do show up.  So the limited preview pane properties seems to be a consequence of a Windows 10 upgrade rather than a clean install.

I've installed and reset several versions of the codecs since the upgrade, including the one that just came out a few minutes ago, with no change in the preview pane properties. Let me check the property handlers with ShelExView in both my clean install and upgrade machines to see if there is any differences.

Nope, can't see much difference between the two. Disabling the Icaros properties on a clean Windows 10 install shows me a bit rate and total bit rate that I don't see on my Windows 8.1->10 upgraded machine.

RE: Windows 10 missing audio format, subtitles properties in preview pane - rix - 08-27-2015

(08-20-2015, 10:06 AM)Shark007 Wrote:

Hi, I have just registered because after upgrading to Win10 I ran into the same issue.

I have not used the CODECs before, only Icaros ... I installed it to get proper thumbnailing for my large collection of mkvs, and never knew the Audio track properties came from this tool; until it stopped working.

After Upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 the Audio track property in Windows explorer is blank.
Previously I would see "Track Name [Audio Container NumberOf.Channels]" as in "English [DTS 5.1]".

When I go to the properties tab it only shows Bitrate instead of the above as well.

(Screenshots attached)

I have tried reinstalling pre-beta versions of Icaros, uninstalled those and did a fresh install of the Standard Codecs.

There I used the reset all button (in both the 32 and 64 Bit config) and also reset all options from within Icaros itself.

Would be sweet if I didnt have to reinstall windows for this.