Codecs for Windows 10,  Windows 7,  Windows 8.1
New Release: 3.0.3 Beta 1 - Printable Version

+- Codecs for Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 (http://shark007.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Forum Listing (http://shark007.net/forum/Forum-Forum-Listing)
+--- Forum: Icaros Development (http://shark007.net/forum/Forum-Icaros-Development)
+--- Thread: New Release: 3.0.3 Beta 1 (/Thread-New-Release-3-0-3-Beta-1)

New Release: 3.0.3 Beta 1 - Xanashi - 08-15-2017

Good Afternoon again,

As promised, here is the first release of 3.0.3.
In this release, we have a rather large overhaul of the thumbnail engine,
as Icaros has been switched to the new FFmpeg decoding API.

This may improve thumbnailing in some areas but may also come with some regressions in the process.
So, keep me informed. 

Other than that we just have some few improvements here and there. 
I still have quite a few features I need to finish up and get out, but here is the first of the bunch. 

Enjoy the new release! ;)

[Icaros v.3.0.3 Beta 1]

- Switched to the new FFmpeg decoding API
- Added prompt if IcarosConfig is closed while the cache indeder is running
- IcarosConfig now shows the filename of the file that is currently being processed by the cache indexer
- Fixed parsing of subdirectories if a root (e.g. C:\) is added to the Cache Locations
- Updated FFmpeg

Icaros 3.0.3 Beta 1 Installer: Download
Icaros 3.0.3 Beta 1 Portable: Download

Issue Tracker

RE: New Release: 3.0.3 Beta 1 - Mrantala - 08-15-2017

My Thanks and Gratitude !!

I just registered on here for the first time tonight, because I realized my thanks is long overdue !  I've been using Icaros for a couple years now, because I catalog and store a lot of video files.  As a result of the unpredictable nature of thumbnail generation and retention in every version of Windows thus far, my search for a more stable utility to manage that task led me to your program a while ago and I never went back !  Each release you've put out, has improved on the last one and this one is no different !

I just downloaded and installed 3.0.3 Beta 1, and everything seems to be running great.  The one problem that I've consistently encountered over the versions, is that when I would choose to "rebuild the cache", the process would always start out ok, but it would never completely finish.  At some point, mostly likely because of some invalid video file(s), Icaros would crash and a dump file would be created. Every version, every time, same thing, but no complaints because despite that Icaros did what windows would mess up....

Well, THIS version has SOLVED this crashing issue !  Installed it, and kicked off the "Rebuild Cache" and it competed in about 40 mins, gave me both Successful Counts and Failed Counts - and even let me VIEW and SAVE a list of those failed files.  Very nice !!!

Many Many Thanks  for your time and dedication and invaluable tool !

Best Regards,
Matt R.

RE: New Release: 3.0.3 Beta 1 - mackerman - 08-16-2017

(08-15-2017, 08:12 PM)Mrantala Wrote: My Thanks and Gratitude !!

I just registered on here for the first time tonight, because I realized my thanks is long overdue !  I've been using Icaros for a couple years now, because I catalog and store a lot of video files.  As a result of the unpredictable nature of thumbnail generation and retention in every version of Windows thus far, my search for a more stable utility to manage that task led me to your program a while ago and I never went back !  Each release you've put out, has improved on the last one and this one is no different !

I just downloaded and installed 3.0.3 Beta 1, and everything seems to be running great.  The one problem that I've consistently encountered over the versions, is that when I would choose to "rebuild the cache", the process would always start out ok, but it would never completely finish.  At some point, mostly likely because of some invalid video file(s), Icaros would crash and a dump file would be created. Every version, every time, same thing, but no complaints because despite that Icaros did what windows would mess up....

Well, THIS version has SOLVED this crashing issue !  Installed it, and kicked off the "Rebuild Cache" and it competed in about 40 mins, gave me both Successful Counts and Failed Counts - and even let me VIEW and SAVE a list of those failed files.  Very nice !!!

Many Many Thanks   for your time and dedication and invaluable tool !

Best Regards,
Matt R.

Interesting. I was hoping this version would fix the indexing crashing problem as well, but for me it has not. The icaros config program crashes with the message 'failed to access the database [0x10] after some minutes. I have the files to be indexed on a NAS, so I do wonder if that is part of the problem? The location is of the form "\\NAS\folder\movies

Be good to get this sorted!

Thanks for the great little utility though.

RE: New Release: 3.0.3 Beta 1 - catweazle - 08-19-2017

crashing with that message is happening for me, too. But my Database is located on an intenal harddrive, on its default inside appdata

RE: New Release: 3.0.3 Beta 1 - Schroff87 - 08-24-2017

I just got two com surrogate errors when I navigated into an mp3 folder.

Faulting application name: DllHost.exe, version: 10.0.14393.0, time stamp: 0x57899b69
Faulting module name: IcarosThumbnailProvider.dll, version: 3.0.2.301, time stamp: 0x5992fa9c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000017e09
Faulting process id: 0x2994
Faulting application start time: 0x01d31cb6923c4c4b
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Applications\Icaros\64-bit\IcarosThumbnailProvider.dll
Report Id: 0eeda6e8-a82e-49ca-b80d-1dae38f9f263
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I've uploaded two dmp files from my crashdumps folder if it helps.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!At92b_ObJqDZlFNz4MsEpdDjbbTQ