-->> Shark's website <<--

Shark's Help Forum

Search
  Create an account  
AutoUpdate v5.3.0.0 silent install not working (fixed v5.4.0.0)

NOTE: I've RTFM at https://shark007.net/x64components1.html multiple times but am still having procedural issues.

I'm trying to script installing v17 for machines using v16.5 and having problems. I can't seem to find the correct order or combination of running Settings64_portable.exe and/or Launcher64.exe

After extracting the archive, I run:
1 - Settings64_portable silent
2 - Settings64_portable 1strun
3 - Settings64_portable reset
4 - Settings64_portable users

After doing that when I run Launcher64, it still shows v16.5. All commands above returned an exit code of 0.

I've tried running AutoUpdate silent before and after the above and it errors out with 1 as an exit code. I've also tried Launcher64 silent and it didn't work either (didn't pay attention to the error code).

If I run AutoUpdate without using the silent option everything upgrades fine.

The more I think about it, I think there's a bug with AutoUpdate v5.3.0.0 where silent install doesn't work.

I can script around this by just running AutoUpdate with no options, watching for and stopping Launcher64 when it runs at the end, but I'm hoping I'm right about the bug and you patch it up. :-)

Thanks for presenting your situation adequately;

bug fixed in 5.4.0.0
The updated file is auto installed when checking for updates.

Thanks. Just trying to help out for the greater good.

I just ran AutoUpdate v5.3.0.0 and it updated itself to v5.4.0.0 as well as a few CODECs.

One small thing of note is that it displayed a status message saying "There are no application updates available." even though it updated the AutoUpdate program.

I have not done anything else with it yet.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The image presented is the final summary after all updates have completed without using the silent parameter.
It gives you pertinent version numbers.
There is no need to display the GUI version number because it is presented in the Apps title bar.

I don't really see the point of including the version numbers for the other supporting applications.
In fact, I've removed notifications that the supporting apps are even getting an update. It will just occur as needed.

RE: release v17.03 and AutoUpdate v5.4.1.0

When I run AutoUpdate silent it runs, gives an exit code 1, codecs then get updated, Settings64_portable runs but doesn't auto-close.
I'm pretty sure it did this with a previous release or two as well.

(12-18-2022, 09:46 PM)bcurran3 Wrote: RE: release v17.03 and AutoUpdate v5.4.1.0

When I run AutoUpdate silent it runs, gives an exit code 1, codecs then get updated, Settings64_portable runs but doesn't auto-close.
I'm pretty sure it did this with a previous release or two as well.

I was already working with the Autoupdate code for other reasons so I published v5.4.5.0
Your issue was fixed in v5.4.5
It will still display the user interface or the 'checking for updates' on initial use but after v5.4.5 is in place, that UI will no longer be shown either.

v17.0.8 w/ AutoUpdate v5.6.5.0 is exhibiting the same behavior as before where it runs, exists with 1 even though it updates the codecs, and leaves Settings64_portable running when launched with silent option.

I cannot confirm.
The silent update works as expected in my testing.