-->> Shark's website <<--

Shark's Help Forum

Search
  Create an account  
Convert e-ac3 to Dolby Digital (ac3)

Hi,
I have installed Advanced codecs version 15.3.2 and tried to configure AC3 Filter to convert e-ac3 to ac3 on the fly, but had no success.
I read the setup and usage instructions, but I don´t see an option to set "same as input" in the audio tab. Older version I remember to set this option.
I have some mkv files with e-ac3 audio, but the receiver I am sending hdmi output does not support e-ac3. So I´d like to convert to ac3.
I am using WMP on windows 10 o play the mkv files.
Any tips?
Thanks,

I do not have a solution for 'on the fly' conversion.

My suggestion is to re-encode the file using AVIDemux.
It should be as simple as opening the file, setting video to "copy", audio to "ac3 (lav)" and then press Save.

(11-03-2021, 02:27 PM)Shark007 Wrote: I do not have a solution for 'on the fly' conversion.

My suggestion is to re-encode the file using AVIDemux.
It should be as simple as opening the file, setting video to "copy", audio to "ac3 (lav)" and then press Save.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply!
In previous versions I used to manage this conversion in the audio tab and adjusting settings in the codec.
No way to do this in the current version?
Thanks again!

you are most likey thinking of multichannel AAC audio which can be converted on the fly to AC3.
The Above situation is still supported but this has never been possible for E-AC3.

Hi,

i have the same issue: I Downloaded the newest Advanced Codec, and I want to play my files with MPC-BE, a MKV file with EAC3 Audio.  

If I press "Configure AC3Filter" there is no responding. No Popup opens.
I downloaded the MPC-BE from the sharks homepage, but the MKV File plays only stereo. 

Sorry for my bad English.

Any hints for me ??

Greetings
Mr.Mephisto

Nothing has changed for E-AC3 audio.

If your AVR can decode E-AC3 (very few can do this), access the [Configure LAV Audio] settings
and then check the box to bitstream E-AC3

(05-31-2022, 12:20 PM)Shark007 Wrote: Nothing has changed for E-AC3 audio.

If your AVR can decode E-AC3 (very few can do this), access the [Configure LAV Audio] settings
and then check the box to bitstream E-AC3

Hi Shark007,

thanks for your reply. 

It works with some configurations under MPC-BE und Shark's-Codex: Look at the PDF...

Attached Files
.pdf   sharks-cdec-config.pdf (Size: 950.08 KB / Downloads: 58)