-->> Shark's website <<--

Shark's Help Forum

Search
  Create an account  
Installation of Advanced codecs 15.8.0

Hi,
I am trying to install Advanced Codecs 15.8.0 on Windows 10 Pro 21H2 build 19044.1526, run the installer and only the 32 bit application is installed. No errors during installation, when try to run the 32 bit application nothing happens. To uninstall only the msiexec.exe /uninstall {8C0CAA7A-3272-4991-A808-2C7559DE3409} works!
Anyone has seen this before?
Thank you!

Use Windows Update and then try again.
Windows defender is probably blocking it and by using Windows Update, it will update Defender.

I submit the file to Microsoft for virus clearance before releasing it to the public.
By using Windows Update, your virus definitions are updated allowing proper installation.

(03-08-2022, 09:03 AM)Shark007 Wrote: Use Windows Update and then try again.
Windows defender is probably blocking it and by using Windows Update, it will update Defender.

I submit the file to Microsoft for virus clearance before releasing it to the public.
By using Windows Update, your virus definitions are updated allowing proper installation.

Hi Shark,
Thanks for the reply.
I used Windows Update, tried again, but same result. Then I disabled Windows Defender, Kaspersky and Acronis, all of them had some security feature, tried running the 15.8.0 installer again and same result: only 32 bit application installed, nothing happens when try to run it.
Any other ideas?
Thanks again!

In the 32bit installation folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Shark007\Advanced
you'll find the 64bit installer. Execute that and see what happens.

(03-12-2022, 06:13 PM)Shark007 Wrote: In the 32bit installation folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Shark007\Advanced
you'll find the 64bit installer. Execute that and see what happens.

Hi Shark,

Thanks again for the reply.
So, I installed 15.8.1, it installed only the 32 bit application. Then I run the 64bit installer from C:\Program Files (x86)\Shark007\Advanced, as you recommended, it installed, but when I try to run 32bit or 64bit application the only thing I get is a message "++++++ Preparing the 32-Bit codecs ++++++" or "++++++ Preparing the 64-Bit codecs ++++++" that disappear after a few seconds and nothing else happens. Also tried disabling antivirus software.
Thanks again,

This is strange.
Have you rebooted your PC at all recently?
Did you choose to Disable UAC?  (not recommended)