-->> Shark's website <<--

Shark's Help Forum

Search
  Create an account  
Loss of Bitstreaming after Sleep

I have a fairly straight forward setup, using the Advanced codec pack to provide h.265 support, and audio splitting on my movie files, each of which have two audio tracks , AAC and AC3.  My preference on my media PCs is to hear the AC3 track.

I use the WMP preferred settings and initially this works fine, with LAV selecting the preferred audio track and bitstreaming to my output device (Home Theatre setup).  Over time I realised this setup stopped working with LAV selecting the AAC track.  I have now confirmed this happens when the device is put into and returns from sleep mode.

To rectify the problem the player (Windows Media Center) needs to be closed and restarted.  (Note this is addition to the fact that it is automatically shutdown/restarted on resume from sleep).

Are you able to advise on this problem and suggest any solutions or automated workaround?

Regards.

An immediate fix
With the file playing, rightclick the white LAV tray icon and select the audio track you prefer

A permanent fix
use mkvtoolnix to setup the audio  tracks as you want (delete a track - set default ?) - then chose to 'start multiplexing'

(11-06-2022, 02:45 PM)Shark007 Wrote: An immediate fix
With the file playing, rightclick the white LAV tray icon and select the audio track you prefer

A permanent fix
use mkvtoolnix to setup the audio  tracks as you want (delete a track - set default ?) - then chose to 'start multiplexing'

Thanks for your quick response.  Whilst I understand the suggested fixes, neither is a long term solution to me as firstly I am using a WMC interface so the immediate fix isn't available from the main interface and the permanent fix requires me to change the files which is not in my remit.

As the LAV splitter works selecting the best quality audio (AC3) prior to S3 sleep, I was hoping this would be a programatic solution to fix whatever (missing?) setting is causing the wrong track selection after return from sleep.  The fact that it corrects itself if I restart WMC suggests to me this could be a timing related issue.

Thanks