Help. Windows 7 WMC live tv drm broken - Printable Version

+- (https://shark007.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Choose a topic below (https://shark007.net/forum/Forum-Choose-a-topic-below)
+--- Forum: ADVANCED Codecs (https://shark007.net/forum/Forum-ADVANCED-Codecs)
+--- Thread: Help. Windows 7 WMC live tv drm broken (/Thread-Help-Windows-7-WMC-live-tv-drm-broken)

Help. Windows 7 WMC live tv drm broken - onebelow0 - 11-11-2020

Hello I hope you can help me. I had shark codecs installed for a long time and everything had worked. This morning, I updated the shark codecs to the newest version to try and get an mkv file with h265 to play. That didn't work but now my live tv is broken and every DRM channel says Copying Prohibited. I tried manually resetting drm by removing the files for playready but the issue persists. I tried uninstalling the newer codec pack and re-isntalling the older version but the problem still persists. 

Any idea how I can fix this?

Thank you!

RE: Help. Windows 7 WMC live tv drm broken - Shark007 - 11-11-2020

for file playback, check this box, [x] WMP suggested settings
For LiveTV, uncheck that box

RE: Help. Windows 7 WMC live tv drm broken - onebelow0 - 11-11-2020

(11-11-2020, 04:29 PM)Shark007 Wrote: for file playback, check this box, [x] WMP suggested settings
For LiveTV, uncheck that box

Thank you for the fast reply. I checked and unchecked that option but there was no change.

I cannot help with the DRM issues. That is not related to my software.

Checking that box should allow almost any file to play.
Sometimes, you need to [x] disable Microsoft Video decoder on the Swap tab to get files to play.
That Microsoft decoder is also what LiveTV uses. You may need to reboot your system to get passed the File In Use warning.

Unchecking the WMP suggested settings checkbox enables Microsoft to handle everything, including file playback and LiveTV.
If you disabled Microsofts Video decoder, you'd need to enable it again for LiveTV.

(11-11-2020, 04:52 PM)Shark007 Wrote: I cannot help with the DRM issues. That is not related to my software.

Checking that box should allow almost any file to play.
Sometimes, you need to [x] disable Microsoft Video decoder on the Swap tab to get files to play.
That Microsoft decoder is also what LiveTV uses. You may need to reboot your system to get passed the File In Use warning.

Unchecking the WMP suggested settings checkbox enables Microsoft to handle everything, including file playback and LiveTV.
If you disabled Microsofts Video decoder, you'd need to enable it again for LiveTV.

I think I may have somehow corrupted the microsoft video decoder. It shows as missing the driver when I scan the system with Sherlock Codec Detective.

My software installs 2 Applications. A 32bit App and a 64bit App
Open each of them and press [RESET ALL] in both.
That should fix that issue.

(11-11-2020, 07:11 PM)Shark007 Wrote: My software installs 2 Applications. A 32bit App and a 64bit App
Open each of them and press [RESET ALL] in both.
That should fix that issue.

I did that on both apps. I can watch unencrypted channels only. The MPEG video decoder still shows as missing it's driver. I might have to reinstall media center or windows to fix that I think.