-->> Shark's website <<--

Shark's Help Forum

Search
  Create an account  
How do I use Icaros to change video thumbnails?

It's extremely simple what I want to do, and yet despite scouring the entire internet for an hour or two (even watching a useless YouTube tutorial), I can't find a simple answer.

What I want to be able to do is to set the thumbnail for each of the videos on my PC individually from a certain frame or timestamp (whatever's most appropriate in the context of that particular video). I don't want all videos in a folder to be set to the same timestamp or percentage or anything. Right now, all the thumbnails are super random, some have the movie reel on the sides, while others don't (making them look like photos). It's an arbitrary, lawless wasteland in that folder on my PC. 

I'm told that Icaros is a godsend for setting thumbnails since you basically can't do it with any Microsoft program anymore. (I have Windows 11.) I downloaded Icaros today, and I've had absolutely zero luck figuring anything out. Everything on the app is in "Activated" mode. (Cache is set to "Enabled (Dynamic)".) All the correct filetypes are there (they're pretty much all MP4s). I change the slider to different places, and it doesn't affect anything in my video folder. I have "Display movie reel on video thumbnails" checked, but most still don't have the reels. I refresh the folder, and still no results. Everything's just as random and chaotic as before.

Also, this folder is on an external hard drive. Is that the problem? I feel like it shouldn't be.

Can anyone help???

Messages In This Thread
How do I use Icaros to change video thumbnails? - by Rew - 05-30-2022, 11:14 AM