-->> Shark's website <<--

Shark's Help Forum

Search
  Create an account  
AutoUpdate.exe v5.7.5.0 (I think) exit code 1

Hi Shark007,

The last couple versions I've packaged up for Chocolatey running AutoUpdate exit with code 1. The weird thing is that running a 2nd time results in success/exit code 0.

Sorry, I haven't had time to fully test. ATM I have AutoUpdate.xe v5.7.5.0 dated 09/08/23 but don't know if that's the same version I had a few minutes ago before attempted upgrading v18.0.0 -> v18.0.4. I just verified the pattern again as a 2nd run of AutoUpdate v5.7.5.0 resulted in (assumed) successful upgrade with exit code 0.

When Choco installs the product, does it use an *ini file?
If so, a new one needs to be generated for use with version 18+
Startup the program without an ini file. Make whatever changes you feel are necessary.

(09-08-2023, 03:10 PM)Shark007 Wrote: When Choco installs the product, does it use an *ini file?
If so, a new one needs to be generated for use with version 18+
Startup the program without an ini file. Make whatever changes you feel are necessary.

I just run AutoUpdate.exe (if detected) as you told me previously.

Code:
if (Test-Path "$env:ProgramFiles\Shark007\Shark007Codecs\Tools\AutoUpdate.exe"){
Write-Host "  ** Running AutoUpdate." -Foreground Magenta
Start-ChocolateyProcessAsAdmin -Statements "silent" -ExeToRun "$env:ProgramFiles\Shark007\Shark007Codecs\Tools\AutoUpdate.exe" -WorkingDirectory "$env:ProgramFiles\Shark007\Shark007Codecs\Tools"
return
}

I'm happy to report that v18.0.5 upgrades on the first try.

v18.0.9 is exhibiting the same problem. On first pass AutoUpdate exits with error code 1. Second pass it works.

Thanks for the report. I'm pretty sure I have a permanent solution for this.
It will be in today's release of v18.1 which will include AutoUpdate 5.8

I made further changes to the code addressing your concerns.
AutoUpdate 5.8.1 has been released.