32bit codecs for use with video editing software are available from here.
If you want to take control of playback on your system, you've come to the right place.
Anything that the 'Movies & TV app' fails to play, will be able to play in WMP using my codecs.
All you need to do is check the box, [x] WMP suggested settings. See image below for more info.
Windows Media Player will be able to play 4K HDR video with bitstreamed audio to an AVR.
Of course other players, such as MPC-HC and MPC-BE are fully supported also.
I have implemented an AutoUpdate feature that will allow users to update the included Settings Application and the distributed codecs directly from within the GUI without the need to download full codec releases. This new feature will be controlled by the existing checkbox on the Help tab and run solely off of my own servers. Donations to assist with hosting fees are appreciated, Thank you.
The Save and Restore settings feature is automated and also controlled by the commandline.
To have your settings restored automatically during an upgrade, all you need to do is [Save ALL Settings]
The checkboxes involved are correctly set by default to allow automatic upgrade settings restoration.
Recently, there has been a major re-write of the GUI itself and the filters they control. Support for MKV on the xbox360 was dropped along with the removal of several deprecated codecs and the SetACL dependency.
I hope you enjoy these new releases and can find the time to send a small donation in support of continued maintenance into the future.
Top features of the recent Settings Application rewrite:
1. Remove all unnecessary code associated with the deprecated codec removal
2. Re-organize the entire layout to be more intuitive, user friendly and visually appealing
3. Allow the user to click anywhere on the App to relocate the Settings Application on the screen
4. Add an Always On Top feature to keep the Settings Application in view
5. Activate the previous instance ot the Settings Application when trying to open a new instance
6. Require Administrative privileges upon startup eliminating the need to rightclick
7. Current codec setup can be propagated to All user accounts with the click of a button.
8. Colorize and capitalize important functions to promote their significance
9. Automatically resize the App relative to the display resolution and use high quality text
10. A builtin, intelligent, Auto Update feature.
11. Intuitive command line features.
12. Add a Save | Restore settings feature to seamlessly return to a previous setup
All functions are performed instantaneously. The moment you select something, the action is performed.
If you ever find yourself broken, simply press the [RESET ALL] button to return to a just installed state.
Top 10 things the Shark pack does better than other packs . . .
1. Full color thumbnails including FLV's and 10bit MKV's provided by Icaros.
(also allows users to select at what point by percentage to grab the thumbnail)
2. Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled filetypes such as FLV.
3. Explorer properties are displayed for non native filetypes such as FLV.
4. Updated often - and has update notification built in
5. Distributed in a simple installer or a portable version with no installer.
6. Support playback of M4A audio files containing ALAC
7. Support all system users without them being logged into Windows
8. Allow users to Enable/Disable codecs installed on their system
9. Functionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker and Codec Tweak Tool built in.
10. Support 'Add to Windows Media Player List' using rightclick on all files such as FLV.
64bit ADVANCED Codecs
^^The Misc TAB has several unique and useful, easy to use tools.
The ADVANCED release contains a full suite of decoders to choose from.
The STANDARD release only contains LAV filters and VSFilter for subtitles.
Upgrade installations are fully functional!
and the settings restoration feature can be automated.
Portable releases containing only 64bit Codecs are
available from the
Download the 64bit Portable Codecs from this page