-->> Shark's website <<--

Shark's Help Forum

Search
  Create an account  
Icaros cache half the size of Windows cache

Hey all, I signed up because I have a question about Icaros I can't seem to find an answer to. I have an external drive which I put a lot of video files on; and I have another identical drive which I use to backup those files. My Windows thumb cache is 550MB. When I build the Icaros cache for both drives it initially show about the same size as the Windows cache; but then at some points drops by half. If I then rebuild one of the drives, it processes very fast, but the other one has to rebuild from scratch.

My conclusion is, Icaros doesn't cache duplicates. Can anyone confirm this? Should the thumbs on both drives generate quickly from the Icaros cache if I ever need to?

Thanks and take care.

I think something is wrong with Icaros' build cache feature; or it doesn't play nice with my computer for some reason (Lenovo laptop w/Windows 10). Or else I'm doing something wrong.

I updated the program to the latest version and tried to build the cache again for both drives. It does build them both but as soon as I close Icaros the cache loses half of it's contents. I started from scratch and opened each folder one by one and let the thumbs generate. The thumbs from both drives stuck this time. Opened and closed Icaros; signed out and back in; all is good.

OK, I think I found what the problem was. This morning I rebuilt both drives at the same time; before I was doing them one at a time. So far so good.  Smile

Ah I see! Thanks for the followup. 
Yeah, the indexer goes through everything added in the LOCATIONS tab, and should only need to be run once for all folders/drives to be processed. 
I'm glad you got it working!