-->> Shark's website <<--

Shark's Help Forum

Search
  Create an account  
New Release: 3.3.2 Final

Good Afternoon Everyone,

We're closing in on the end of the year and I somehow managed to get out one more 2023 release of Icaros.
This time I'm skipping the Beta phase, as I don't believe any of the changes will cause any regressions.
Check the changelog for all the details.

I hope you've all had a wonderful fall, and as always thank you all so much for the donations,
troubleshooting and help with the translations! ❤️

I hope you all enjoy the new release!

[Image: total?color=%232B6870&label=DOWNLOADS&st...-the-badge]

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

[Icaros v.3.3.2 Final]

- Added partial support for HEIF/HEIC thumbnailing
- Added support for parsing iTunes tags in MOV/MP4 files (Make, Model and GPS)
- Added support for parsing the Keywords, Director and Producer tags in MKV
- Fixed not being able to set the Icaros Cache location on a FAT, FAT32 or ExFAT drive
- Fixed failing to read properties of certain MOV/MP4 files
- Fixed wrong duration and bitrate showing for OGG-Opus/Opus files
- Fixed long path files not working when debugging with 'Properties via Explorer'
- Fixed 'Max Cache Size' or 'Min Free Space' not working in the Indexer immediately after setting
- Added Russian installer localization (Thank you Долматов and Ligre! ^__^)
- Updated French localization (Thank you rico.sos! ^__^)
- Replaced Flattr with Ko-fi donation link
- Updated LibDav1d to 1.3.0
- Updated GCC
- Updated FFmpeg

Icaros 3.3.2 Final Installer: Download
Icaros 3.3.2 Final Portable: Download

Issue Tracker

Just wanted to say thank you and congratulate Icaros to an amazing year.

It has felt very flattering that some suggestions I have made did actually appear in the program, such as embedded YouTube thumbnail images working again (due to WEBP support). I often download videos from YouTube to watch them later, and the preview pictures are frequently much more descriptive (number of episode etc) than the auto-generated thumbs.

I have had a very positive opinion about this application since its early days and felt it had become a bit less relevant due to Windows offering built-in support for more and more media file types (I still preferred Icaros due to its cache and superior features). So I'm glad that Icaros is now back to easily triumphing over Microsoft's own solutions, ie its rightful place (at least on my machine).

It's an incredibly useful application, fast, reliable, stable and, on top of that, with great optics. If anyone here doesn't know about it or is on the fence, I do truly recommend it.

First off thanks for all of the hard work!

Can you elaborate on the partial HEIF/HEIC thumbnailing support?  I noticed those extensions aren't in any of the presets and when I manually added them I didn't see any thumbnails.  Are there additional requirements and/or what are the limitations?

(11-28-2023, 08:24 PM)ksar Wrote: First off thanks for all of the hard work!

Can you elaborate on the partial HEIF/HEIC thumbnailing support?  I noticed those extensions aren't in any of the presets and when I manually added them I didn't see any thumbnails.  Are there additional requirements and/or what are the limitations?

The FFmpeg developer that implemented HEIC support wrote the following:
"This patch only supports still HEIC images that don't have alpha and grids (tiles)"

Most of the HEIC files I have on my system thumbnails correctly with this change. 
The exception is the files with alpha channels. So unless all your files have alpha channels,
it should work. You could try refreshing Explorer or clearing the thumbnail cache perhaps.

I'll make sure the extensions are added to the presets, thank you for letting me know.

(11-25-2023, 09:43 AM)Zelanium Wrote: Just wanted to say thank you and congratulate Icaros to an amazing year.

It has felt very flattering that some suggestions I have made did actually appear in the program, such as embedded YouTube thumbnail images working again (due to WEBP support). I often download videos from YouTube to watch them later, and the preview pictures are frequently much more descriptive (number of episode etc) than the auto-generated thumbs.

I have had a very positive opinion about this application since its early days and felt it had become a bit less relevant due to Windows offering built-in support for more and more media file types (I still preferred Icaros due to its cache and superior features). So I'm glad that Icaros is now back to easily triumphing over Microsoft's own solutions, ie its rightful place (at least on my machine).

It's an incredibly useful application, fast, reliable, stable and, on top of that, with great optics. If anyone here doesn't know about it or is on the fence, I do truly recommend it.

Thank you so so much for this review Zelanium!  ❤️
I can't describe just how much your post means to me. 

It is due to posts like yours, that I will continue to develop and improve Icaros for as long as I can.
I actually think I'm going to start saving these wonderful feedbacks, so I don't forget them, and so I can
find them again, when I need to boost my motivation. ^__^