-->> Shark's website <<--

Shark's Help Forum

Search
  Create an account  
Adobe Illustrator (.ai) files?

Hi. Only discovered Icaros today, but it looks like it might be the program I've been needing for over a decade.

I tried looking here on your website and also in the app on where/how to make a request. I couldn't find anything, but please point me in the right direction if I should be requesting elsewhere.

Is it possible to get support for Adobe Illustrator (.ai) files? That's it. That's all. Smile

Thanks for such a clean and impressive app!

Hey, just wanted to bump this.

Hi CoreyVidal

(11-13-2020, 05:10 PM)CoreyVidal Wrote: Hi. Only discovered Icaros today, but it looks like it might be the program I've been needing for over a decade.

Awesome! So glad you found it and like it! <3

(11-13-2020, 05:10 PM)CoreyVidal Wrote: I tried looking here on your website and also in the app on where/how to make a request. I couldn't find anything, but please point me in the right direction if I should be requesting elsewhere.

Is it possible to get support for Adobe Illustrator (.ai) files? That's it. That's all. :)

You're in the right place!
AI files are on the todo list, but it may take a while, as it requires quite a bit to get to work. 
That said, if someone implements decoding of AI in FFmpeg at some point, it may show up in Icaros sooner rather than later.

(11-13-2020, 05:10 PM)CoreyVidal Wrote: Thanks for such a clean and impressive app!

Thank you for the very kind words!! 
I really appreciate them. <3

(02-13-2021, 07:30 PM)Xanashi Wrote: AI files are on the todo list, but it may take a while, as it requires quite a bit to get to work. 
That said, if someone implements decoding of AI in FFmpeg at some point, it may show up in Icaros sooner rather than later.

Hey, amazing! Happy to hear from you.

In the meantime, I have been using this little bit of code to show .ai thumbnails in Windows Expolorer:

https://github.com/kov-serg/ai-extension

Maybe that could help you?

(02-16-2021, 04:55 PM)CoreyVidal Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 07:30 PM)Xanashi Wrote: AI files are on the todo list, but it may take a while, as it requires quite a bit to get to work. 

Hey, amazing! Happy to hear from you.

In the meantime, I have been using this little bit of code to show .ai thumbnails in Windows Expolorer:

https://github.com/kov-serg/ai-extension

Maybe that could help you?

That is honestly not a bad idea! Making partial support work is actually quite straight forward (Thanks for link!)
I hadn't thought of that. 
By partial support I'm referring to the fact that it would only work on files with an already embedded thumbnail in the metadata.

I would LOVE this. I've been struggling with thumb support for AI for sooo long. I know this is an old thread, I'm just bumping in case it gives a small better chance for it happening!

(07-01-2022, 06:33 AM)kaffemor Wrote: I would LOVE this. I've been struggling with thumb support for AI for sooo long. I know this is an old thread, I'm just bumping in case it gives a small better chance for it happening!

Hi kaffemor,

No need to wait any longer as it's already been added in the latest Beta 1 release!  Blush
You can find the very latest beta build here to try it out:

https://shark007.net/forum/Thread-New-Re...3-0-Beta-3

(07-05-2022, 07:16 AM)Xanashi Wrote:
(07-01-2022, 06:33 AM)kaffemor Wrote: I would LOVE this. I've been struggling with thumb support for AI for sooo long. I know this is an old thread, I'm just bumping in case it gives a small better chance for it happening!

Hi kaffemor,

No need to wait any longer as it's already been added in the latest Beta 1 release!  Blush
You can find the very latest beta build here to try it out:

https://shark007.net/forum/Thread-New-Re...3-0-Beta-3

I LOVE YOU!  Heart Heart 

Donating right now  Arrow