-->> Shark's website <<--

Shark's Help Forum

Search
  Create an account  
Dolby Vision playback

I would like to get Dolby Vision to play on Windows 10 x64 using Nvidia 3080 Ti, Shark 18.2.1.2 and MPC-BE 1.6.11.25 dev, rather than the fallback to HDR10 for Low-Latency Dolby Vision (Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible) screenshot below

[Image: 65_(2023)_.mkv_snapshot_00.05.12_%5B2024-0...54.42%5D.jpg]

or even green and pink tinged playback for Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU, below, which I believe is "real" Dolby Vision with Enhancement Layer (EL).  In this example it doesn't even fall back to HDR10, but scales to BT709 color space completely borking color rendering.

[Image: Stranger_Things_s03e01_.mp4_snapshot_07....00.57%5D.jpg]

Any ideas on how to get this working?  Here is a link to a setup that adds motion smoothing, and uses MPC-BE but doesn't use Shark007.  I don't want to add motion smoothing to my configuration.  Note the screenshots from his effort using CTRL + J in MPC-BE indicate Dolby Vision.

The setup you linked to is NOT presenting Dolby Vision but is presenting HDR passthough.
You can tell by the NITS. 1000 nits usually = HDR where as 3999 or sometimes 4000 nits is DoVi presentation

To rule out any codec settings being an issue, I 1st pressed [RESET ALL] in my application and then closed it.

For DoVi presentation, I have the monitor already in HDR mode, and in Windows Display settings, I manually set HDR mode On

Next, in the renderer settings I change the Windows HDR mode to 'Do not change' and turn on the statistics

For a test file I am using this video https://4kmedia.org/lg-amaze-dolby-vision-uhd-4k-demo
and the results are these statistics

Be aware that just because some ripping group says the file you downloaded has DoVi, doesnt mean they know what they are doing.
I have personally tested several files from the wild that claim DoVi but just stay in HDR mode.

(01-07-2024, 04:38 AM)Shark007 Wrote: For a test file I am using this video https://4kmedia.org/lg-amaze-dolby-vision-uhd-4k-demo
and the results are these statistics

Thanks for the detailed response, I am able to reproduce your results using the linked Dolby Vision test file.  It looks amazing!