-->> Shark's website <<--

Shark's Help Forum

Search
  Create an account  
PSD files, no Icon appearing ...

I been using this software for ages now, it's been a awesome tool to see video thumbnails in files ...

I'm also a Photoshop user, meaning that, most times, i have multiple PSD files laying around and with a lot of mods done ...

However, Adobe in their "infinite wisdom" ( sarcastic voice tone ), decides that Windows users, can't see thumbnails of the files in explorer, having to use Adobe Bridge ...
For fixing this issue, that i know that is a minor issue, i have to resort to either paid solutions or get free solutions that often are open source and discontinued for years,
plus, as Photoshop evolves, the solutions may or may not work in the future ...

So, it was to my excitment that i saw that Icaros had been updated to PSD files ... I went to test out and ... It works, kinda ...

The thing is it does create the thumbnail, however, it doesn't show the icon of Photoshop ...

And when you have a bunch of jpegs and psds over a folder and no way to sort them out, it becomes tricky.

I can still use the old school open-source software for doing that, but, it's software that is clunky to work with, has a bunch of things that i don't need and it puts a lot of work on the system ...

Is there anything i can do to get the icon back or is it a Adobe issue ?

I mean, i don't want to pay for a solution that is not future proof ...  And this tool is awesome and it does what it does ... Why pay and keep the problem ??? 

Tried installing and uninstalling both Photoshop and Icarus, to no avail, problem still persists. 

I'm currently working on a Laptop with a 8th Gen Intel Core I7, Nvidia 1050T and 32 Gbs of Ram. Windows 10 Pro Latest update ...

Thank you for any suggestions ..

Here is a Screen Shot of one of the PSD files ...

(04-12-2023, 03:49 PM)White Tiger Angel Wrote: I been using this software for ages now, it's been a awesome tool to see video thumbnails in files ...

I'm also a Photoshop user, meaning that, most times, i have multiple PSD files laying around and with a lot of mods done ...

However, Adobe in their "infinite wisdom" ( sarcastic voice tone ), decides that Windows users, can't see thumbnails of the files in explorer, having to use Adobe Bridge ...
For fixing this issue, that i know that is a minor issue, i have to resort to either paid solutions or get free solutions that often are open source and discontinued for years,
plus, as Photoshop evolves, the solutions may or may not work in the future ...

So, it was to my excitment that i saw that Icaros had been updated to PSD files ... I went to test out and ... It works, kinda ...

The thing is it does create the thumbnail, however, it doesn't show the icon of Photoshop ...

And when you have a bunch of jpegs and psds over a folder and no way to sort them out, it becomes tricky.

I can still use the old school open-source software for doing that, but, it's software that is clunky to work with, has a bunch of things that i don't need and it puts a lot of work on the system ...

Is there anything i can do to get the icon back or is it a Adobe issue ?

I mean, i don't want to pay for a solution that is not future proof ...  And this tool is awesome and it does what it does ... Why pay and keep the problem ??? 

Tried installing and uninstalling both Photoshop and Icarus, to no avail, problem still persists. 

I'm currently working on a Laptop with a 8th Gen Intel Core I7, Nvidia 1050T and 32 Gbs of Ram. Windows 10 Pro Latest update ...

Thank you for any suggestions ..

Here is a Screen Shot of one of the PSD files ...

Hi White Tiger Angel,

This is definitely possible to fix. 
Icaros itself doesn't really touch 'icon overlays' (the small icons in the lower right of thumbnails), but other applications may have applied registry changes,
that caused your images to lose their icon overlay.

Try the attached .reg file and see if that fixes the problem for you. 

.reg   FixImageTypeOverlay.reg (Size: 216 bytes / Downloads: 120)

You can see in the below screenshot, that it can absolutely work fine with Icaros.