-->> Shark's website <<--

Shark's Help Forum

Search
  Create an account  
Cover art for MKV files not working?

Hello,
I'm trying to tidy up my video collection by applying cover art to all of them. I started with MP4 files and there I had no issue, I used Mp3tag to add cover art to a file and the cover art is now visible in Explorer, no problem.
Not so much with MKV files. I tried to add cover.jpg attachment with MkvToolNix and even with Icaros activated, and the "Use embedded Cover Art for thumbnails" option enabled, cover art for MKV files just won't show up in Explorer.
Is there a different way I should be adding cover art to MKV files?

(03-06-2021, 02:45 AM)kamild Wrote: Hello,
I'm trying to tidy up my video collection by applying cover art to all of them. I started with MP4 files and there I had no issue, I used Mp3tag to add cover art to a file and the cover art is now visible in Explorer, no problem.
Not so much with MKV files. I tried to add cover.jpg attachment with MkvToolNix and even with Icaros activated, and the "Use embedded Cover Art for thumbnails" option enabled, cover art for MKV files just won't show up in Explorer.

Custom preview aviable with "Use any embedded image as Cover Art"?

(03-06-2021, 11:49 AM)Dolmatov Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 02:45 AM)kamild Wrote: Hello,

Custom preview aviable with "Use any embedded image as Cover Art"?

Is this an option in Icaros? Because I'm not seeing it anywhere

Photo 
(03-06-2021, 12:22 PM)kamild Wrote: Is this an option in Icaros? Because I'm not seeing it anywhere

Yes.

(03-06-2021, 04:26 PM)Dolmatov Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 12:22 PM)kamild Wrote: Is this an option in Icaros? Because I'm not seeing it anywhere

Yes.

Oh I wasn't aware there was a newer RC version... I ticked the option, cleared the thumbnail cache and now it works great, thank you Smile

Great you already solved your problem kamild!
And thank you so much for the assistance in solving this Dolmatov! <3