-->> Shark's website <<--

Shark's Help Forum

Search
  Create an account  
Problem with Properties

This is what happened. I use Windows 7 64 bit SP1. Months ago I activated Properties in Icaros version 3.2.1 to be able to see the data of files such as mkv that Windows 7 does not show me. It worked. But then I realized that it disabled the details of the file properties (mouse: right click /properties/details) This function of the operating system was blocked (doesn't show data, disable to edit data) even for mp4. I use the program File Association Manager for files that Windows 7 does not activate file properties for, such as mkv, pdf, avi, etc. But the lock remained for all file types, even mp4. I disabled Properties in Icaros and everything was back to normal. Yesterday I installed and tried new version 3.3.0 beta 3, I activated Properties and the properties of mkv and others was not shown at the bottom of the screen, that is, Icaros function did not work. But it also locked the file properties again (right click/properties/details). I disabled Properties on Icaros, it didn't fix it. I uninstalled Icaros, it didn't fix it. I looked for information on the Internet, I didn't find it. I had to use System Restore to return the computer to the previous state and make the file properties available and editable again.

(09-07-2022, 11:46 AM)Jimmy Wrote: This is what happened. I use Windows 7 64 bit SP1. Months ago I activated Properties in Icaros version 3.2.1 to be able to see the data of files such as mkv that Windows 7 does not show me. It worked. But then I realized that it disabled the details of the file properties (mouse: right click /properties/details) This function of the operating system was blocked (doesn't show data, disable to edit data) even for mp4. I use the program File Association Manager for files that Windows 7 does not activate file properties for, such as mkv, pdf, avi, etc. But the lock remained for all file types, even mp4. I disabled Properties in Icaros and everything was back to normal. Yesterday I installed and tried new version 3.3.0 beta 3, I activated Properties and the properties of mkv and others was not shown at the bottom of the screen, that is, Icaros function did not work. But it also locked the file properties again (right click/properties/details). I disabled Properties on Icaros, it didn't fix it. I uninstalled Icaros, it didn't fix it. I looked for information on the Internet, I didn't find it. I had to use System Restore to return the computer to the previous state and make the file properties available and editable again.

Hi jimmy,

A couple of notes here about the Icaros Property Handler:

Icaros only adds read-only properties to Windows Explorer. This may change in the future, but for now, that is how it works. 
This is also why MOV, MP4, MP3 and other native filetypes are disabled by default in IcarosConfig, because I am aware that the native property handlers
offer this capability while Icaros does not. 

Icaros does however offer more properties than the native property handlers, and that is a priority for some users. 
The user must decide themselves what they prefer more.

It should always show data in every property panel and window, including the right click/properties/details window.
If it doesn't, there is an issue with your registry, and I suggest that you use the Reset Native Property Filetypes on the Tool page of IcarosConfig.
This should fix both issues when Icaros is disabled and when it is enabled.

I hope this helps, otherwise be sure to let me know.