-->> Shark's website <<--

Shark's Help Forum

Search
  Create an account  
Properties not showing in Explorer.

Hello,

I recently did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 2021 LTSC.  I have installed Icaros 3.2.1 and the thumbnailing works fine, but none of the file types for the Properties function are working.  I am remembering correctly that the information the Properties feature is supposed to display should be in the status bar in Explorer, right?  I can generate it in the debug window for an mp3, but there's nothing there in Explorer.  I'm guessing this has something to do with the LTSC distribution, but I'm not sure how to find out.

Any help would be appreciated.

(07-06-2022, 06:32 AM)tobiasfrost Wrote: Hello,

I recently did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 2021 LTSC.  I have installed Icaros 3.2.1 and the thumbnailing works fine, but none of the file types for the Properties function are working.  I am remembering correctly that the information the Properties feature is supposed to display should be in the status bar in Explorer, right?  I can generate it in the debug window for an mp3, but there's nothing there in Explorer.  I'm guessing this has something to do with the LTSC distribution, but I'm not sure how to find out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi tobiasfrost,

In Windows 10 it's important that you select the Details Pane to view your file properties directly in the File Explorer window.

If you get properties on the Debug page with "Properties via Explorer" selected, that means they should work as intended in File Explorer as well.

(07-11-2022, 07:15 AM)Xanashi Wrote: Hi tobiasfrost,

In Windows 10 it's important that you select the Details Pane to view your file properties directly in the File Explorer window.

If you get properties on the Debug page with "Properties via Explorer" selected, that means they should work as intended in File Explorer as well.

Yes, that gives me this.  However, I recall being able to get some of the Properties to display in the bottom Status Bar where the item count and file size is, such as audio or video duration, and image resolution.  Is that not possible anymore?  Am I misremembering?

Edit:  I improved my Googling and found out that this is how Explorer is now, with the details a toggle panel on the right instead of on the bottom.  I found this which allows you to put the details back in the status bar: https://msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-119/

Sorry for the confusion.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)