-->> Shark's website <<--

Shark's Help Forum

Search
  Create an account  
Use files icons instead of app icon

Photo 
Hi,

I've been using Icaros since very long time and I like it,

I would like to suggest a feature which would make it better, it is about using file icon instead of app icon, for example potplayer assign to each file format a specific icon with it's own design or color and it would be great to use that in the thumbnails overlay instead of potplayer icon, as it can help identifying files by the color of icon or its design instead of having all of them look the same and (very helpful mostly when it is about converting files) and spotting one that is missing can be done with zero effort this way

PS: I wanted to attach some pictures but I found that the forum doesn't support pasting them.

(03-01-2023, 02:11 AM)neoopus Wrote: Hi,

I've been using Icaros since very long time and I like it,

I would like to suggest a feature which would make it better, it is about using file icon instead of app icon, for example potplayer assign to each file format a specific icon with it's own design or color and it would be great to use that in the thumbnails overlay instead of potplayer icon, as it can help identifying files by the color of icon or its design instead of having all of them look the same and (very helpful mostly when it is about converting files) and spotting one that is missing can be done with zero effort this way

PS: I wanted to attach some pictures but I found that the forum doesn't support pasting them.

Hi neoopus,

Sorry for the late reply.

Unfortunately Icaros does not have any say in what icons are displayed in the lower right corner of thumbnails. 
This may be possible to do with a IconOverlayHandler, but Icaros currently doesn't provide this functionality. 
It would probably be best if the software that provided the icons looked into a feature such as this. 

(If you upload the images as attachments, you can insert them afterwards into the post.)