-->> Shark's website <<--

Shark's Help Forum

Search
  Create an account  
Vsn 18 breaks subtitles in MPC-BE

updated to 18 (from standard, had MPC-BE installed manually).  Subtitles no longer play in MPC-BE.  If you look at the subtitle menu within BE none appear, even when there are indeed embedded Subs.  They can also not be manually added as an SRT.  Same file plays perfectly fine, with appropriate subs, in latest MPC-HC.  How can I (if possible) bring subs back in BE?  As someone with poor hearing, subs are an absolute godsend when watching!

Thanks for the brilliant pack!

-R

Go to the Help TAB and choose to check for updates.
This issue is fixed in the current update release.

(08-11-2023, 05:21 PM)Shark007 Wrote: Go to the Help TAB and choose to check for updates.
This issue is fixed in the current update release.

Thank you for the prompt reply.  I'm running 18.0.0.3, and on the new gui, there is no check for updates on the help tab.  Running the auto updater stays a .3, and when loading the launcher, it automatically checks for updates, and stays at .3.  It is fixed on .4?  not available to everyone yet?

It is fixed in .3  Press [RESET ALL] and test.

If you have saved settings, the codec setting has changed in the ini file for the STANDARD settings only.
It used to be Config6=4 but now you need Config5=4 in the standard settings to enable subtitles.

(08-11-2023, 07:05 PM)Shark007 Wrote: It is fixed in .3  Press [RESET ALL] and test.

If you have saved settings, the codec setting has changed in the ini file for the STANDARD settings only.
It used to be Config6=4 but now you need Config5=4 in the standard settings to enable subtitles.

Reset All fixed it!  I GREATLY prefer BE to ME, so that's fantastic.  Next payday, I owe you a coffee!