Current releases support 4K, HDR<>SDR, and 3D decoding.
Recently, there has been a major re-write of the GUI itself and the filters they control. Support for MKV on the xbox360 was dropped along with the removal of several deprecated codecs and the SetACL dependency.
I hope you enjoy these new releases and can find the time to send a small donation in support of continued maintenance into the future.
The Save and Restore settings feature is automated and also controlled by the commandline.
To have your settings restored automatically during an upgrade, all you need to do is [Save ALL Settings]
The checkboxes involved are correctly set by default to allow automatic upgrade settings restoration.
Top 10 features of the recent Settings Application rewrite:
1. Remove all unnecessary code associated with the deprecated codec removal
2. Re-organize the entire layout to be more intuitive, user friendly and visually appealing
3. Allow the user to click anywhere on the App to relocate the Settings Application on the screen
4. Add an Always On Top feature to keep the Settings Application in view
5. Activate the previous instance of the Settings Application when trying to open a new instance
6. Require Administrative privileges upon startup eliminating the need to rightclick
7. All user accounts are automatically setup and can be updated with a single click on the Misc TAB
8. Colorize and capitalize important functions to promote their significance
9. Automatically resize the App relative to the display resolution and use high quality text
10. Add a Save | Restore settings feature to seamlessly return to a previous setup
All functions are performed instantaneously. The moment you select something, the action is performed.
If you ever find yourself broken, simply press the [RESET ALL] button to return to a just installed state.
Since allowing the user to choose the Application background color (with random selection too), I've also added a way for you to personalize the Application even further with the introduction of the file called .\Tools\user.jpg. This 110x110 jpeg can be changed as you wish. Any picture or logo. Upgrade installations will not overwrite this file. It will use my logo shark.jpg with the default color and your pic, user.jpg, with any other color. This color, 98A66E (enter the hexadecimal number on the Misc TAB), works well with the default user.jpg
The STANDARD codec release only contains LAV filters and VSFilter with a GUI giving full control.
The following are a few filetypes enabled and supported by the installation of Shark007 Codecs.
amr | mpc | divx | mka | ape | flac | evo | flv | m4b | mkv | ogg | ogm | rmvb | xvid | y4m
All of the above filetypes can be queued to the Windows Media Player Playlist using a right-click.
Top 10 things the Shark pack does better than other packs . . .
1. Full color thumbnails including FLV's and 10bit MKV's provided by Icaros.
(also allows users to select at what point by percentage to grab the thumbnail)
2. Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled filetypes such as MKV and FLV.
3. Explorer properties are displayed for non native filetypes such as MKV and FLV
4. Updated often - and has update notification built in
5. Simple installer; allows user to choose what to install, and where.
6. Support playback of M4A audio files containing ALAC
7. Support all system users without them being logged into Windows
8. Allow users to Enable/Disable codecs installed on their system
9. Functionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker and Codec Tweak Tool built in.
10. Support 'Add to Windows Media Player List' using rightclick on all files such as FLV.
The Settings Application is 100% UAC compliant.
The Application allows each user to maintain individual codec settings while at the same time seamlessly integrating any administrative commands directly into the users account. Users accounts are detected upon installation and automatically inherit the Administrators settings.
Adding files to the Windows Media Player Playlist
is supported for all enabled filetypes when you use the checkbox [x] WMP suggested settings.
Codecs have been a problem for most users at one time or another. This is because there has never been an 'out of the box' working solution that the average computer user could install and just have everything work properly from the beginning. There are several decent codec package solutions out there, but none of them did everything I wanted. I was always in need of a tweak, adjustment, or even a re-installation just to get the codecs I needed/wanted and most of the time, the file still didn't play properly. This frustration was the basis for me to begin making a codecpack that works with ALL players.
The installer will automatically remove most other popular codec releases from your computer before installing this concise yet comprehensive windows media center setup package. For a list of all things automatically uninstalled by the installer, Click Here. After installation completes, check the box for [x] WMP suggested settings and Windows Media Player will instantly recognize all your files as playable.
It does not contain a media player and it does not associate file-types. With the ADVANCED Codec package installed you will be able to use any media player, limited only by the players' capabilities, to play all movies and video clips. Streaming video is supported in several formats in all popular web browsers. Advanced codec users have the ability to choose what is installed and where to install it using the public redistributable. After installation you can select to remove specific portions without removing the entire package. You can also re-add the removed items at any time.
The ADVANCED release contains a full suite of all the best codecs available.
Direct download <--- get it here
Distribution file information:
It is currently 43.5MB and has an MD5 of 3b553e22cb1a28ca267a40769e46e229
notable updates (current):
- update LAV filters 0.74.1.75
- update MPC-BE filters 18.104.22.16811
- update MediaInfo DLL 20.9
- update Icaros 3.2.0B1
- Fix stability issues (completed)
- Remove the SetACL dependency
- Fully functional Save | Restore settings feature
- Remember Application screen positioning
- Live Synchronization of 32/64bit Applications for shared settings
UPGRADE installations are fully functional!
With the newly enabled Save | Restore settings feature on the Misc TAB,
you can save a current configuration and have it automatically restored during an upgrade.