Anything that the 'Movies & TV app' fails to play, will be able to play in WMP using my codecs.
All you need to do is check the box... [x] WMP suggested settings. This includes 4K video.
Check out the Windows MCI Video Player with automated codec selection. Its on the Misc TAB.
This release has an option to move the configuration settings to the Application folder.
The Save and Restore settings feature is automated and also controlled by the commandline.
To have your settings restored automatically during an upgrade, all you need to do is [Save ALL Settings]
The checkboxes involved are correctly set by default to allow automatic upgrade settings restoration.
Top features of the recent Settings Application rewrite:
1. Remove all unnecessary code associated with the deprecated codec removal
2. Re-organize the entire layout to be more intuitive, user friendly and visually appealing
3. Allow the user to click anywhere on the App to relocate the Settings Application on the screen
4. Add an Always On Top feature to keep the Settings Application in view
5. Activate the previous instance of the Settings Application when trying to open a new instance
6. Require Administrative privileges upon startup eliminating the need to rightclick
7. Current codec setup can be propagated to All user accounts with the click of a button.
8. Colorize and capitalize important functions to promote their significance
9. Automatically resize the App relative to the display resolution and use high quality text
10. A builtin, intelligent, Auto Update feature.
11. Intuitive command line features.
12. Add a Save | Restore settings feature to seamlessly return to a previous setup
All functions are performed instantaneously. The moment you select something, the action is performed.
If you ever find yourself broken, simply press the [RESET ALL] button to return to a just installed state.
Top 10 things the Shark007 Codecs do better than other packs . . .
1. Full color thumbnails including FLV's and 10bit MKV's provided by Icaros.
(also allows users to select at what point by percentage to grab the thumbnail)
2. Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled filetypes such as FLV.
3. Explorer properties are displayed for non native filetypes such as FLV.
4. Updated often - and has update notification built in
5. Distributed as a portable version with no installer.
6. Support playback of M4A audio files containing ALAC
7. Support all system users without them being logged into Windows
8. Allow users to Enable/Disable codecs installed on their system
9. Functionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker and Codec Tweak Tool built in.
10. Support 'Add to Windows Media Player List' using rightclick on all files such as FLV.
Download the Shark007 Codecs version 18.0.7:
This file can be downloaded from MajorGeeks
It is 24.3MB and it is has an MD5 of
AutoUpdate will install version 18.104.22.168
You can click HERE to get the MPC-BE player
that is pre-configured to go with this release.
notable updates (current):
- update LAV filters 0.77.2.3
. AutoUpdate will install version 0.77.2.8
- update MediaInfo DLL v23.9
- update MPC-BE filters 22.214.171.124
. AutoUpdate will install version 126.96.36.199
- update VSFilter (DirectVobSub) 188.8.131.52
. AutoUpdate will install version 184.108.40.206
- update XySubFilter (ASS support) 220.127.116.114
- update Icaros 3.3.1 Final
- improve 4K HDR video playback.
This is a very useful tool: Download the Windows HDR Calibration app which fixes washed out colors.
The above requires Windows display setting set to use HDR and a monitor already in HDR display mode.
- Fully functional Save / Restore settings
- Remember monitor and screen positioning
- Auto Update all files directly from within the Application
To UPGRADE, overwrite the files with newly obtained files,
Or just use the AutoUpdate feature on the Help tab and everything gets updated automatically.
Using the Save | Restore settings feature on the Misc TAB,
you can save a current configuration and have it automatically restored, silently, if prefered.
No GUI is presented when using the commandline parameters