-->> Shark's website <<--

Shark's Help Forum

Search
  Create an account  
Levels don't work

In the "Debug" section, the levels do not work. Even if you set 9 levels and open a folder with subfolders, the contents of the subfolders will not be displayed. At the same time, if you set level 1 and move the folder from Explorer with subfolders to the Icaros window, all the contents of the subfolders will be displayed in the Icaros window.

(02-20-2021, 02:24 PM)LongKick64 Wrote: In the "Debug" section, the levels do not work. Even if you set 9 levels and open a folder with subfolders, the contents of the subfolders will not be displayed. At the same time, if you set level 1 and move the folder from Explorer with subfolders to the Icaros window, all the contents of the subfolders will be displayed in the Icaros window.

The level feature only affect folders that are dropped onto the Debug page. 
The file dialog only allows the user to select and add files, however when using drag n drop, both files and folders are accepted. 

When level 1 is set, all the files within the dropped folder is added to the list, but not any of the files in the subfolders within that folder.
When you increment the level IcarosConfig also adds the files within the next level of subfolders, and so on down the directory tree. 
e.g.

Folder dropped/
├── file 1
├── file 2
├── subfolder in dropped folder/
│    ├── file 3
│    ├── file 4
│    └── subfolder in subfolder/
│          ├── file 5
│          └── file 6

In the above example file 1 & 2 would be added with level 1.
File 1, 2, 3 & 4 would be added with level 2.
File 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 would be added with level 3.
etc.

I understand all this, but even if I select level 9 and open a folder that has a subfolder with files, the files from this subfolder will not appear in the list of tested files.

(03-01-2021, 10:49 AM)LongKick64 Wrote: I understand all this, but even if I select level 9 and open a folder that has a subfolder with files, the files from this subfolder will not appear in the list of tested files.

I've tried my best to reproduce this issue, but so far no luck.
If I understand correctly, you drop a folder with subfolders with files in them, while the level is set to 9, and none of the files in the subfolders are added to the Debug page list?
It's just a normal folder correct? Not a junction point for example?

That's right. The folder is normal.

The problem occurs if you add files via the button.

If you add files using the drag'n'drop method via File Explorer, even if level 1 is selected, all files will be added, including files in subfolders.

(04-05-2021, 06:38 PM)LongKick64 Wrote: The problem occurs if you add files via the button.

If you add files using the drag'n'drop method via File Explorer, even if level 1 is selected, all files will be added, including files in subfolders.

It only works with dropped folders. 
The file dialog only allows the user to select one or more files, but not folders.

It should work correctly with dropped folders though. I can't reproduce the issue here at least.