Current releases support 4K, HDR<>SDR, and 3D decoding.
Recently, there has been a major re-write of the GUI itself and the filters they control. Support for MKV on the xbox360 was dropped along with the removal of several depricated codecs. I hope you enjoy these new releases and can find the time to send a small donation in support of continued maintainance into the future.
Top 10 features of the recent Settings Application rewrite:
1. Remove all unnecessary code associated with the deprecated codec removal
2. Re-organize the entire layout to be more intuitive, user friendly and visually appealing
3. Allow the user to click anywhere on the App to relocate the Settings Application on the screen
4. Add an Always On Top feature to keep the Settings Application in view
5. Activate the previous instance ot the Settings Application when trying to open a new instance
6. Require Administrative privileges upon startup eliminating the need to rightclick
7. New user accounts are detected and automatically setup upon openning the App
8. Colorize and capitalize important functions to promote their significance
9. Automatically resize the App relative to the display resolution and use high quality text
10. Over 4000 lines of hand written code were scrutinized for quality and functionality
All functions are performed instantaneously. The moment you select something, the action is performed.
If you ever find yourself broken, simply press the [RESET ALL] button to return to a just installed state.
The STANDARD codec release only contains LAV filters and VSFilter with a GUI giving full control.
The following are a few filetypes enabled and supported by the installation of Shark007 Codecs.
amr | mpc | divx | mka | ape | flac | evo | flv | m4b | mkv | ogg | ogm | rmvb | xvid | y4m
All of the above filetypes can be queued to the Windows Media Player Playlist using a right-click.
Top 10 things the Shark pack does better than other packs . . .
1. Full color thumbnails including FLV's and 10bit MKV's provided by Icaros.
(also allows users to select at what point by percentage to grab the thumbnail)
2. Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled filetypes such as MKV and FLV.
3. Explorer properties are displayed for non native filetypes such as MKV and FLV
4. Updated often - and has update notification builtin
5. Simple installer; allows user to choose what to install, and where.
6. Support playback of MOD audio files and M4A files containing ALAC
7. Supports playlist creation for use in Media Center
8. Allow users to Enable/Disable codecs installed on their system
9. Functionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker and Codec Tweak Tool builtin.
10. Support 'Add to Windows Media Player List' using rightclick on all files such as FLV.
^^ over 18 million readers ^^
with 17,000 registered forum members
The Settings Application is 100% UAC compliant.
Restricted access is enforced. (User Account Control)
The Application allows each user to maintain individual codec settings while at the same time seamlessly integrating any administrative commands directly into the users account. New users accounts are detected upon opening the Application and automatically inherit the Administrators settings.
Codecs have been a problem for most users at one time or another. This is because there has never been an 'out of the box' working solution that the average computer user could install and just have everything work properly from the beginning. There are several decent codec package solutions out there, but none of them did everything I wanted. I was always in need of a tweak, adjustment, or even a re-installation just to get the codecs I needed/wanted and most of the time, the file still didn't play properly. This frustration was the basis for me to begin making a codecpack that works with ALL players.
The installer will automatically remove most other popular codec releases from your computer before installing this concise yet comprehensive windows media center setup package. For a list of all things automatically uninstalled by the installer, Click Here. After installation completes, check the box for [x] SUGGESTED settings and Windows Media Player and Media Center will instantly recognize all your files as playable.
It does not contain a media player and it does not associate file-types. With the STANDARD Codec package installed you will be able to use any media player, limited only by the players' capabilities, to play all movies and video clips. Streaming video is supported in several formats in all popular web browsers. Standard codec users have the ability to choose what is installed and where to install it using the public redistributable. After installation you can select to remove specific portions without removing the entire package. You can also re-add the removed items at any time.
The STANDARD release only contains 2 codecs, LAV filters and VSFilter for subtitles.
Distribution file information: MajorGeeks receives the distribution file directly
It is currently 33.2MB and has an MD5 of bf156506763dd7e1e9e861fd18ff5f72
notable updates (current):
- update LAV filters 0.74.1.24
- update MediaInfo DLL 19.9
- update Icaros 3.1.1B2
- fully support HDR and 3D MVC playback - see Setup and usage for more info
UPGRADE installations are fully functional! (but not recommended)
If you are upgrading to solve an issue, I suggest that you UNINSTALL the old version